Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check these Mag darter like plugs out, and rebel!

4 posters

Go down

Check these Mag darter like plugs out, and rebel! Empty Check these Mag darter like plugs out, and rebel!

Post  monty 3/2/2009, 9:26 pm

Don't know exactly what to call it, depending on how it does the "terminator" may be the name. They were bathtub tested (don't laugh Very Happy ) And from what I see, they have a very tight wiggle and dive. They look great, And it was a fun build! All handcarved, pine.

Heres where there weight stands now
one with the longer slant weighs 1.21
te other small one is 1.5
big mag darter is2.28
and the rebel (trying out lips) is 3.6, really heavy! I ried a few diff lips, lexan metal diff sizes but onyl liked 2.

I learned a lot from this build, I messed up 3 or 4 from weighting issues, but I got it down after that. They have a little dent like the mag, which is hard to see but ts there. Enjoy!
Check these Mag darter like plugs out, and rebel! DSC03092

Check these Mag darter like plugs out, and rebel! DSC03093

Check these Mag darter like plugs out, and rebel! DSC03094

Nick

monty

Number of posts : 290

Back to top Go down

Check these Mag darter like plugs out, and rebel! Empty Re: Check these Mag darter like plugs out, and rebel!

Post  Kevnmary 3/3/2009, 1:41 am

Nice job Nick. Cant wait to see them painted
By the way I got my package today and AJ is thrilled he has a ton of blanks now to work with
Thanks again.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Check these Mag darter like plugs out, and rebel! Empty Re: Check these Mag darter like plugs out, and rebel!

Post  monty 3/3/2009, 1:42 am

Kevnmary wrote:Nice job Nick. Cant wait to see them painted
By the way I got my package today and AJ is thrilled he has a ton of blanks now to work with
Thanks again.

Kevin,
Good to hear. When I do more handcarves I will get you out some of those blanks for AJ to paint too!
Nick

monty

Number of posts : 290

Back to top Go down

Post  needlefish 3/3/2009, 7:08 pm

cool man ........ nice work on those mag darter styles.
needlefish
needlefish

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  Tossin Plugs 3/3/2009, 8:48 pm

keep it up Nick, you are only getting better with every batch you put out.
Tossin Plugs
Tossin Plugs

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down