Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Handyman Bruce gave me a lesson Wensday

5 posters

Go down

Handyman Bruce gave me a lesson Wensday Empty Handyman Bruce gave me a lesson Wensday

Post  Charlie G. 6/6/2013, 3:34 pm

Handyman (Bruce) and I made our weekly fishing trip Wednesday, and he was red hot with the long rod.
We did some wade fly fishing in the Barnegat Bay and he hooked up on 2 stripers and 4 blues and missed some more strikes.
I on the other hand had one of them days when your all thumbs. I had 3 blues and missed as many strikes. Clouser flies were the fishes choice that day in chartreuse or white.The wind was just right and the fish were cooperating. It was a great time.

Also I got to see one of the coolest things I've seen in saltwater. As you waded you could see baby flounder on the bottom. They were no bigger then 1 1/2" round. As you would get close they would shoot out along the bottom and find a safer spot to settle down. What a cool sight of nature at it's greatest. There were also Osprey searching in flight for food in the water. I never did see it find any and dive under the water for anything.

Handyman Bruce gave me a lesson Wensday P6050753_zps35e91d5d

Handyman Bruce gave me a lesson Wensday P6050756_zpse8508d32

Last edited by Charlie G. on 6/6/2013, 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Handyman Bruce gave me a lesson Wensday Empty Re: Handyman Bruce gave me a lesson Wensday

Post  handyman 6/6/2013, 7:51 pm

lol nice pic charlie......yea it was a nice day for sure......in the back ....alot of cool nature going on...yea alot of silver dollar fluke roaming the bottom.......great day as always charlie.......thanks for the donuts

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Handyman Bruce gave me a lesson Wensday Empty Re: Handyman Bruce gave me a lesson Wensday

Post  smitty 6/6/2013, 8:52 pm

That's awesome I need to get some fishing in...its been all work and no play for this kid...
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Menacer 6/6/2013, 9:47 pm

Good stuff boys.....keep it up! Handyman Bruce gave me a lesson Wensday 962367
Menacer
Menacer

Number of posts : 322

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffL 6/8/2013, 5:43 pm

Good to see ya fellas finally hooking up with the fly rods.. cool
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down