Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SH Beach today

5 posters

Go down

SH Beach today Empty SH Beach today

Post  CaptFrank 9/16/2012, 12:36 am

Two trips out today. I hit the beach first thing this morning and fished the last of the incoming and most of the out going tide. I posted up next to one of my favorite Kingfish holding outflow pipes and heaved out one of my Brown Dog Bomb Kingfish rigs loaded with Bloodworms. 15 seconds later I pulled in the first of 6 small Kingfish. Next cast I nailed a nice sized Spot. Chopped it up and heaved out a chunk on my larger rod. Caught another Spot, then the big rod went down. Hauled in a nice sized Blue (about 2-3#). This scenario continued throughout most of the outgoing tide. Ended up landing 8 nice Blues and lost another 5 or so in the wash. Lost count of the Spots. Steady fun action all morning.

After dinner tonight, Chloe decided that we were going to go out to find some fishies under the docks. So, I rigged up two rods, she wanted her little pink rod, and packed a bag, and off we went. Flood high tide with the New Moon, and the tide was ripping out. First stop was a bust, except for a feisty 12" Striper that liked Chloe's pink Fin-S. Or as she called it, her sparkly pink fish. Next stop was dead. Next two spots were filled with Shoobies. Next one had some small Blues, but they were just tail tugging. Went back to where we started and had a nice Bass blow up right in front of us. Few cast later and Chloe hooked into her second Bass of the night. This one was about 14" or so. Then one more after that, maybe 18". The 18 grabbed hold of Chloe's thumb when she tried to hold it for a photo op. She wanted no parts of it after that. Wouldn't even kiss it before throwing it back. She really holds a grudge. Wonder where she got that from... Anyway, we had a ball. Looking forward to cooler nights with more Stripers and less Shoobies!

Tight Lines!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Chloe with her 2nd Striper of the night.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It bit me! I'm not holding it!
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

SH Beach today Empty Re: SH Beach today

Post  JeffL 9/16/2012, 10:48 am

Great report and sounds like you had a good time cheers
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER