Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CTS vs Century vs St. Croix vs etc. etc. etc.

2 posters

Go down

CTS vs Century vs St. Croix vs etc. etc. etc. Empty CTS vs Century vs St. Croix vs etc. etc. etc.

Post  cereal killer 9/6/2012, 4:38 am

Hello guys. I know a lot of info is out there on the interwebz about these rods. But I wanna know if anyone here has anything more to add. I am currently looking for a 10-11 ft plugging stick. A rod that can sling SP minnows and plugs/metals to 3 oz. I have a 10 ft. Legend that is a meat stick - it's the 1-4 oz. I've heard both good stuff about the CTS and Century, but there's no one out here on the west coast that carries them. So I would be having it custom made sight unseen and shipped out here. I appreciate all your help. Thanks guys. I also prefer a faster action rod as opposed to a parabolic action. By the way, anyone use the Loomis IMX.

cereal killer

Number of posts : 453

Back to top Go down

CTS vs Century vs St. Croix vs etc. etc. etc. Empty Re: CTS vs Century vs St. Croix vs etc. etc. etc.

Post  JeffL 9/6/2012, 11:55 pm

I got a CTS S8 10'6 1-3 oz and i also have the CTS vapor trail 11' 3-6. The vapor trail is more parabolic action the s8 is nice and quick.. I have test casted a few century rods.. Both great rods IMO. But I like the CTS's better out of the two.. Thats just my 2 cents lol!
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down