Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St.Croix

+3
Bayside Arty
FJR
gull chaser
7 posters

Go down

St.Croix Empty St.Croix

Post  gull chaser 4/11/2009, 7:46 am

I went to to my buddy's tackle shop yesterday to pick up a new 9' Lamiglass super surf to replace my old Lamiglass. He told me to wait about two weeks until he gets the St. Croix Legend Surf series rods in. He said I would love them. They supposedly cast better than any other surf rods and the guides are made for braided lines. It's rated for 3/4 - 4 oz. I never really go by that but that's what it claims. It sounded great but then he told me it only came in a two piece and I hate two piece rods but it breaks down by the reel seat and is supposed to feel just like a one piece. I'm gonna demo one when it comes in but I was still wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I have a VS 150 I want to put on it also so I will have to see how it balances.

gull chaser

Number of posts : 95

Back to top Go down

St.Croix Empty Re: St.Croix

Post  FJR 4/11/2009, 9:29 am

I can only be of limited help, as I am not familiar with St. Croix's saltwater stuff. I do have at least 10 of their rods that I use in the fresh and I am very happy with their products. The rods are very light and strong and they cast very well. I don't even consider any other rods whenever I decide it's time for a new rod.
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayside Arty 4/11/2009, 11:42 am

I can only give ya limited info also I have a Lami super surf SS101MHS and love it now on the other hand iv had bad experance with St croix serv. dept. I had one guide crack after 3 months and had to bitch and complain on the phone and in emails until they fixed the guide .it came back looking like a 5 yr.old did the rewrap epoxy drip marks running down the blank. i called them back they wanted me to pay to ship it back LOL well i got them yo cover S/h charges got it back but it didnt look like a factory wrap so i sold it and never looked at a St croix again You will be verry happy with a limi super surf
Bayside Arty
Bayside Arty

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 4/11/2009, 12:03 pm

HAVE A LAMI SK 10 MH LOVE IT. HAD 2 ST.CROIX NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. GUIDES CRACKING ON ONE. THE OTHERE THE BRAID CHEWED UP THE GUIDES. GOT RID OF BOTH OF THEM. THIS YEAR BREAKING IN A 9' 6'' ROUGE THAT I HAD BUILDT. GOOD LUCK
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  gull chaser 4/11/2009, 2:47 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I have a Lami now but I was just gonna upgrade to the super surf. I also used to own a St.Croix surf system. I liked it but that was a long time ago. Didn't like hearing about the customer service issues though. I will probley go with the Lamiglas any way because I really don't like two piece rods but im still gonna test the demo.

This model has Fuji Alconite guides that are made for braided line so dig ins should not be a problem.

gull chaser

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/11/2009, 3:16 pm

My Avid was sold and i bought a Lami --- I have The SSU 120 1M Spinner

Only used it twice so far but i can load this stick like no other

Go with The SSU Like The Capt said you will be very happy

arrrrrrrrr Capt Arty
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jettyjunkie 4/11/2009, 3:43 pm

the lengend series rods are nice but i only like the 10'6 m the rest are typical criox rods aint worth a shit. lami all the way
jettyjunkie
jettyjunkie

Number of posts : 633

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 4/11/2009, 5:15 pm

Saw them at the Somerset show and really liked the rods. The guides are pretty cool and are supposed to cast far. The only thing I didn't like was the price tag. It was over $400 at the show.....for that kind of change might as well go with a custom Lami.
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  gull chaser 4/11/2009, 5:35 pm

fishpro wrote:Saw them at the Somerset show and really liked the rods. The guides are pretty cool and are supposed to cast far. The only thing I didn't like was the price tag. It was over $400 at the show.....for that kind of change might as well go with a custom Lami.

I'm good friends with the guy who owns the shop. I can get it for less than the Lami retails for.

gull chaser

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/11/2009, 5:41 pm

Buy the SSU120 1 M

Nice Stick and you have a hook

mikey
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianM38 4/14/2009, 2:44 pm

I own both St Croixs in the 10 1/2 ft range. The 3/4-4 and the 2-6. I also have a Lami SS101ms. The St Croix are a faster, stiffer rod. I went out casting both a few weeks ago. Guaging my casts by a bouy out in a channel, I was able to cast the St Croix a bit further than the Lami. Both Rods used the same reel and the same bucktail. Whatever you decide on, you cant go wrong with either rod.
BrianM38
BrianM38

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down