Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early morning uk bass hunt

5 posters

Go down

Early morning uk bass hunt Empty Early morning uk bass hunt

Post  MarkC 6/9/2012, 8:13 am

I was on a mark at 2am this morning (Damm i even beat the birds up this morning lol) had the idea of soft needle but with a left to right gusting wind that was out of the window , so spurred on by( "The Needle Men) i decided to use my needles there was a band of coloured water out to 30-40yds so on with my blurple 1oz needle i cast at 10 O`clock and left it to drift to the right and almost back to the shore,

Nothing so onto another mark as the tide was flooding this mark i a good sea trout spot , looked clearer than the first mark same again cast to the left and let it do its own thing but i did give a slight twitch ( Honestly it was only slight), second cast i saw the rod tip bend slightly and then it nearly ripped it out of my hand (Game on) but i also noticed the seals getting close oh **** ,
I had about 10ft to land the fish if it stayed on , Then all of a sudden i saw what looked like a killer whale tiring to take a seal pup of the beach well the Fat black B#@'tard was not having this fish so i made a rash decision to haul the fish in with a huge pull maybe not the best way but i didn't want the seal to have it,

Well i fair **** my self with the size of that seal doing that it was half out on the beach right at my feet, :shock: ,

This is where the googan mistake comes into play i get my camera out which is supposed to be water proof class 8 ? as it was pi##ing it down , well i find out the fooking battery's flat and i left my phone in the car Embarassed ,

so i laid it next to my rod and it came from the butt to the E in the savagE gear , sorry about the next bit but i didnt want the seal to get the bass so i fired a few stones in the seals direction just to move it on and then i released the silver slab back to the deep well shallow`s,

It came to 63cm maybe not a hugh fish by jersey standards but it was my new bezzie plug Very Happy,

p.s Ive not posted this anywhere else

Really sorry bout no picture
Mark
MarkC
MarkC

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Early morning uk bass hunt Empty Re: Early morning uk bass hunt

Post  JeffL 6/9/2012, 9:38 am

Good stuff mark popcorn
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 6/9/2012, 1:47 pm

Mark great report and so glad you got into fish this trip.
oh and about them seals don't apologize, next time throw some lead at them. They can eat alot of fish in a short time so they are no friend of mine. I would say ours but I guess some one on here likes them fish eating machines.

I will remind you to charge the camera batteries next time I chat with you lol!

And get some sleep you must be tired getting up before them birds.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkC 6/9/2012, 3:13 pm

Thanks guys i would go back tomorro but going to try another spot all being well ,,cameras charged lol
MarkC
MarkC

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post  Menacer 6/9/2012, 3:56 pm

Way to go Mark cheers
Menacer
Menacer

Number of posts : 322

Back to top Go down