Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sandy hook NJ

+9
Kevnmary
chowhound
SURF GOD
naspinsz
mikeybonz
brianmullaney
jettyjunkie
joesfishinproblem
stevel
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

sandy hook NJ Empty sandy hook NJ

Post  stevel 3/24/2009, 3:01 pm

Thinking about making trips out TO SANDY HOOK NJ this year,any body have any input on which section is good my map Igot when getting my gateway pass in NY says there are sections A,B,C,D......WHERE IS THE A GOOD SECTION TO FISH. :lol: Thanks for your input sandy hook NJ 622665
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

sandy hook NJ Empty Re: sandy hook NJ

Post  joesfishinproblem 3/24/2009, 3:34 pm

park as far down as you can then walk to the rips (as far as you can walk north on the beach)
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  jettyjunkie 3/24/2009, 4:57 pm

joesfishinproblem wrote:park as far down as you can then walk to the rips (as far as you can walk north on the beach)

theres no fish there dont waste your time lol! lol!
jettyjunkie
jettyjunkie

Number of posts : 633

Back to top Go down

Post  brianmullaney 3/24/2009, 5:00 pm

I like fishing the backside as soon as you get in park on the right and cross over on foot and fish down to the base of the bridge. I've had insane days with bass, blues and big weaks back there.
brianmullaney
brianmullaney
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 60

http://www.bcplugs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 3/24/2009, 5:04 pm

brianmullaney wrote:I like fishing the backside as soon as you get in park on the right and cross over on foot and fish down to the base of the bridge. I've had insane days with bass, blues and big weaks back there.
the first lot after you pay to enter?
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 3/24/2009, 6:03 pm

steve ur as stupid as me post this in the nj forum where it says nj reports!!!! hahahahh
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1048

Back to top Go down

Post  naspinsz 3/24/2009, 11:28 pm

jettyjunkie wrote:
joesfishinproblem wrote:park as far down as you can then walk to the rips (as far as you can walk north on the beach)

theres no fish there dont waste your time lol! lol!

LOL lol! lol!
naspinsz
naspinsz

Number of posts : 514

Back to top Go down

Post  SURF GOD 3/26/2009, 7:15 pm

I'll tell you what, I fish the hook a lot.

One day I was screwing around with Google Earth and zoomed into Sandy Hook. I saw all my favorite fishing spots (Ocean Side) and found a way to cut 20 minutes off my walk to the point. Since 9-11 the Coast Guard erected a fence that angles SOUTH from the base. Most anglers wanting to fish the point STILL drive to the back of the parking lot and take the well worn path to the point. That FENCE has them walking south, but most don't know it because there are dunes and scrub around and they don't know what direction their walking in.

By viewing this from Google Earth I saw that I was walking 300 yards more than I needed to.
I will NEVER take that path again.

If you want to be close to your car, your better off stopping at one of the parking lots on your drive in and walking to the wash from there.
Keep in mind, if you plan on fishing at night or early morning before the sun comes up you will need to purchase an after hours fishing pass. I think they go for $60 now. It may not be worth it to you if your just fishing there once or twice, but that's up to you. They can be purchased at the Guard shack about two miles from the entrance.

Google Earth is a free download and you can also go to any other place on the planet with the click of your mouse.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SURF GOD
SURF GOD

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 3/26/2009, 8:03 pm

SURF GOD wrote:I'll tell you what, I fish the hook a lot.

One day I was screwing around with Google Earth and zoomed into Sandy Hook. I saw all my favorite fishing spots (Ocean Side) and found a way to cut 20 minutes off my walk to the point. Since 9-11 the Coast Guard erected a fence that angles SOUTH from the base. Most anglers wanting to fish the point STILL drive to the back of the parking lot and take the well worn path to the point. That FENCE has them walking south, but most don't know it because there are dunes and scrub around and they don't know what direction their walking in.

By viewing this from Google Earth I saw that I was walking 300 yards more than I needed to.

If you want to be close to your car, your better off stopping at one of the parking lots on your drive in and walking to the wash from there.
Keep in mind, if you plan on fishing at night or early morning before the sun comes up you will need to purchase an after hours fishing pass. I think they go for $60 now. It may not be worth it to you if your just fishing there once or twice, but that's up to you. They can be purchased at the Guard shack about two miles from the entrance.

Google Earth is a free download and you can also go to any other place on the planet with the click of your mouse.

thanks for the input I HAVE THE GATE WAY PASS FROM SI NY MAYBE WE COULD MEET UP ONE NIGHT WHEN THINGS START TO PICK UP THANKS sandy hook NJ 622665
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  chowhound 3/29/2009, 8:40 am

Steve, all good info above. my 2cents Wind and tide dictate where I hide. The hook is all good. I only live 10 min away. PM any time you want to give it a try. Trade for some SI spots. :lol:
chowhound
chowhound

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 3/30/2009, 1:40 pm

chowhound wrote:Steve, all good info above. my 2cents Wind and tide dictate where I hide. The hook is all good. I only live 10 min away. PM any time you want to give it a try. Trade for some SI spots. :lol:
chowhound thanks for the invite me and mikeybonz want to come out ur way one night ill PM u when maybe we plan on comming and well meet up thanks again. sandy hook NJ 622665
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 3/30/2009, 1:44 pm

Nice tip. I know that path and I really hate it especially in bootfoot waders! I'll have to look for the shortcut. With as many guys that fish the point I'm sure there will be another well worn path in no time.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  technologist 3/31/2009, 7:47 pm

SURF GOD wrote:I'll tell you what, I fish the hook a lot.

Night pass is $50 and I think your fishing the False Hook(point)
technologist
technologist

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  SURF GOD 4/7/2009, 2:12 pm

[/quote]

Night pass is $50 and I think your fishing the False Hook(point)[/quote]

It may very well be the false point, but I don't think so. Besides, before that fence was put up I used to take the path behind those condos that led to the Bug Lite and walked the beach east from there. That path is closed now so the only way to get out there is the "Fence Path" or my "Secret Path". ;)

8)
SURF GOD
SURF GOD

Back to top Go down

Post  SURF GOD 4/14/2009, 11:02 am

I fished the ocean side of Sandy Hook yesterday.
I KNOW all the fish are being caught in the bay, I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW.

I hate fishing the bay from shore. Boat good, shore bad.
I also hate navigating those white trash towns that line the Raritan on the Jersey side.

Well, like I said, fished the ocean side of Sandy Hook yesterday.

[b]NADA. sandy hook NJ 177925
SURF GOD
SURF GOD

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 4/14/2009, 12:04 pm

white trash towns wow thats where i live and grew up i have seen alot of white trash navigating through the towns what kind of truck do u have lol! :jerk off:
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Back to top Go down

Post  soot 4/14/2009, 12:08 pm

joesfishinproblem wrote:white trash towns wow thats where i live and grew up...

Apparently the shoe fits.

👅
soot
soot
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post  SURF GOD 4/14/2009, 7:45 pm

soot wrote:
joesfishinproblem wrote:white trash towns wow thats where i live and grew up...

Apparently the shoe fits.

👅

Come and listen to a story bout a man named Jed........moved down to Cliffwood Beach and he went and shaved his head.
Run down and sloppy homes for a far as you can see.................I'd stay away from there if don't want to catch VD.
SURF GOD
SURF GOD

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/14/2009, 8:04 pm

This Clown has a 20 Million dollar mansion and a yacht ,,I like Redneck Better than white trash .....

How do you consider white trash?

What american cars instead of BMW's

Huh ?

Explain it to me
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SURF GOD 4/15/2009, 12:23 pm

Big Johnston wrote:This Clown has a 20 Million dollar mansion and a yacht ,,I like Redneck Better than white trash .....

Explain it to me

My mother was born in Cliffwood Beach. My avatar shows what that town did to her. :affraid:
I'm glad I got out.
SURF GOD
SURF GOD

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianM38 4/15/2009, 12:56 pm

SURF GOD wrote:
Big Johnston wrote:This Clown has a 20 Million dollar mansion and a yacht ,,I like Redneck Better than white trash .....

Explain it to me

My mother was born in Cliffwood Beach. My avatar shows what that town did to her. :affraid:
I'm glad I got out.

Looks like SBO got their first troll :jerk off: .

Im not even commenting on your posts since my GF is from Cliffwood and far from white trash.

I think we need an "open mouth and insert foot" smiley for this tool!!!
BrianM38
BrianM38

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/15/2009, 1:29 pm

No this guy thinks he is funny and witty but he is not

He is a tool and he knows it

Keep it up ! Go be a racists some where else !

Probably a 17 yr old kid with huge zits and no women want to touch him
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianM38 4/15/2009, 1:35 pm

Big Johnston wrote:No this guy thinks he is funny and witty but he is not

He is a tool and he knows it

Keep it up ! Go be a racists some where else !

Probably a 17 yr old kid with huge zits and no women want to touch him

In the words of FC.... NOW THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE lol!

His profile says he is 53. Lets hope he is 17 and doesnt know how "moronic" he comes off as. At 53 though, It just shows his state of adulthood. Sad to say the least.

Last edited by BrianM38 on 4/15/2009, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
BrianM38
BrianM38

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 4/15/2009, 1:38 pm

we dont need as-holes on this site people like this :jerk off: make the site shitty for everybody
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianM38 4/15/2009, 1:46 pm

joesfishinproblem wrote:we dont need as-holes on this site people like this :jerk off: make the site shitty for everybody

There is an old saying.....

When you find a fool, you leave him a fool. Commenting about his posts just fuels his fire. Betetr off not saying anything and he will go away
BrianM38
BrianM38

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next