Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie

+7
etch
JayDizzle
FJR
whitey
eurojett05
Muskyslayer96
Charlie G.
11 posters

Go down

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie Empty While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie

Post  Charlie G. 9/28/2011, 7:58 am

Well after turning the feathered Wadd plug I figured don't stop now.
So I started again trying to come up with a Pikie plug shape I really like.
I turned 14 bodies of 1 shape but then came up with this shape that I really like.
I hope to test swim it today to see how it does. If all works out it goes to paint then e-texing.
It's 5 1/4in long, 1 3/8in dia. and is right around 2 1/4oz wired but without e-tex.

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie P9270025

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie P9280029

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie P9280030

Oh and I know the pictures suck, I'm just getting usto this camera.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie Empty Re: While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie

Post  Muskyslayer96 9/28/2011, 8:49 am

CG,

Sweet! Love that cubby little Pikie.....sort of reminds me of a gal I "NEW" in college Very Happy

Very nice...make it a red head and I'll know for sure While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie 962367

Well done, can't wait to see it finished up and pimped out!!!

MS
Muskyslayer96
Muskyslayer96

Number of posts : 391

http://irishwhipesoxbaits.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie Empty Re: While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie

Post  eurojett05 9/28/2011, 9:41 am

Well done Charlie....that's a nice pikie. cool
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 9/28/2011, 9:43 am

Nice Job Charlie

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 9/28/2011, 10:14 am

Interesting shape, looks like it will create a nice wake cheers
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDizzle 9/28/2011, 10:21 am

Nice, Charlie!!!!!!!!
While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie 962367
JayDizzle
JayDizzle

Number of posts : 366

https://www.facebook.com/decarlojason

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 9/28/2011, 2:36 pm

love it, hope she swims the nutz

Etch
etch
etch

Number of posts : 1193

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/Etch-Custom-Lures-h2.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 9/28/2011, 4:01 pm

Well good news While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie 962367 I tweaked the tie loop a little and she swam great on top. I think because of the amount of wood back by the tail, The tail rides up and puts out a great V wake. I even cranked down on her and it wouldn't roll out but just dug in a little deeper in the water column. I'm very happy with this one. cheers

Isn't it amazing how once in awhile you just get it right when you are just goofing around with shapes of plugs. While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie 962367
So now I'm going to let her dry for a day or so then reprime and make a master template for the duplicator.
Then it's off to the races. No pimping for the first few just some plugs to try to hang a few fish off of this fall. Maybe bright yellow over white belly. With pearl added to the finish, and a little blue or purple color change topper added. Very Happy
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 9/30/2011, 11:54 am

Great looking pikie cg ...cant wait to see it finished up ...good luck with it fishing
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  aerrickson 9/30/2011, 1:21 pm

nice pikie. like the shape. hope she swims nice

aerrickson

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 10/1/2011, 5:37 pm

I got her painted but did a simple white because that works. I still love the shape. And it swam great in the river and calm surf.
I have found tho how most plugs swim in a river or pond has nothing to do with how they will swim in the surf While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie 177925 Then it is back to the drawing board to get it to react & swim how I want them to swim in the surf with rip current and breaking waves. Some times this plug building isn't easy.

All these plugs are ready to e-tex, then be wired, then fished While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie 560155

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie PA010048

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie PA010047

And rather then start another thread here are a few other Pikies I turned and painted.
Not the same shape but an earlier prototype. These swim ok also. Both styles will weigh in at around 2 1/2oz when totally finished.
This is the first Fire Tiger paint job I've done.

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie P9300036

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie PA010043

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie PA010044
HaHa Smitty, you owe me

Here's another in a kind of mullet pattern. It's hard to see but it has a ghost scale pattern on it and a purple hue color change paint that changes colors in sun light depending on the angle you look at it.

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie PA010041

While the lathe was running I started a new Pikie PA010040
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 10/2/2011, 5:26 pm

They are going to be e-texed tomorrow. popcorn
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 10/2/2011, 11:20 pm

nice charlie..........they should slay

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 10/7/2011, 6:23 pm

nice pikies charlie.... love the white one... simple and beautiful...

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down