Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WIND and How it effects your Fishing

+9
naspinsz
finchaser
Rick..stillcasting
blacklabel
jettyjunkie
Smoke
AKScuba
fishpro
fishincrazy
13 posters

Go down

WIND and How it effects your Fishing Empty WIND and How it effects your Fishing

Post  fishincrazy 3/22/2009, 11:37 pm

lol! FC lol!

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

WIND and How it effects your Fishing Empty Re: WIND and How it effects your Fishing

Post  fishpro 3/23/2009, 12:23 am

NE is my favorite cheers
S wind I could almost stay at home but I don't WIND and How it effects your Fishing 177925
W wind.....sucks for bass off the beach but you can still get some blues :roll:

But no matter what the wind is doing I can always hit the jettie and find some tog or berguls to play with cheers
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

WIND and How it effects your Fishing Empty Re: WIND and How it effects your Fishing

Post  AKScuba 3/23/2009, 12:31 am

Im still figuring out the whole wind thing..... :suspect: I know a west wind is a good thing.... Southwest no...... Wind in my face sucks, I cant begin to describe how many times I cast into the wind with light tackle and got drilled with a soft plastic in the face.
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 3/23/2009, 12:45 am

Well if I can smash a kneecap with a baton I can probably swing that.. hehe. get it. "Swing". Woooo I needa lay off the sauce.
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 3/23/2009, 9:23 am

Last edited by smokinjoe on 6/23/2009, 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

Back to top Go down

Post  jettyjunkie 3/23/2009, 2:47 pm

i fish all winds i hate the south wind but there still a few spots that will produce for me
jettyjunkie
jettyjunkie

Number of posts : 633

Back to top Go down

Post  blacklabel 3/23/2009, 3:42 pm

jettyjunkie wrote:i fish all winds i hate the south wind but there still a few spots that will produce for me

yo fishing a SE wind in the WENDYS parking lot for a BACONATOR is not fish all winds .we a talking about striped bass. lol!
blacklabel
blacklabel
SPONSOR
SPONSOR

Number of posts : 284

http://www.blacklabelplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jettyjunkie 3/23/2009, 5:50 pm

F U
jettyjunkie
jettyjunkie

Number of posts : 633

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 3/23/2009, 8:45 pm

East and Northeast,, aren't they the best winds we want most? as in driving the bait into shore and against the rocks?I'm always happen when they are present.
West wind you can cast a mile and for this region in Ocean County you can get beyond the outer sandbar and have fish waiting.
The worsest is inviting Jim aka fishincrazy and you know you'll have a South wind which I find to be the absolute worserest wind to try to catch fish.Jim is still fun to have around if for anything to block the wind.
Would somebody like to tackle this topic....
As in best and worse wind conditions... and why.
Yeah thats the ticket... Wind Dynamics and how you can make them work for you.
Thanks

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 3/23/2009, 8:48 pm

Rick..stillcasting wrote:East and Northeast,, aren't they the best winds we want most? as in driving the bait into shore and against the rocks?I'm always happen when they are present.
West wind you can cast a mile and for this region in Ocean County you can get beyond the outer sandbar and have fish waiting.
The worsest is inviting Jim aka fishincrazy and you know you'll have a South wind which I find to be the absolute worserest wind to try to catch fish.Jim is still fun to have around if for anything to block the wind.
Thanks
They don't call him South Wind Jim for nothing...... lol!
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  finchaser 3/29/2009, 11:17 pm

jettyjunkie wrote:i fish all winds i hate the south wind but there still a few spots that will produce for me

What he ^^^^ said

finchaser

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 3/29/2009, 11:23 pm

Rick..stillcasting wrote:East and Northeast,, aren't they the best winds we want most? as in driving the bait into shore and against the rocks?I'm always happen when they are present.
Thanks

fishpro wrote:
Thanks
They don't call him South Wind Jim for nothing...... lol!

YOU GUYS ARE HORRIBLE!!!!!!! :affraid:

FC :kiss it:

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

Back to top Go down

Post  naspinsz 3/30/2009, 1:46 am

E/NE usually do it in my spots...S and im hopin for a miracle :suspect: , but always try to enjoy it
naspinsz
naspinsz

Number of posts : 514

Back to top Go down

Post  technologist 4/1/2009, 9:53 pm

Always have a place to fish. Wind will dictate where but there always is somewhere!
technologist
technologist

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianM38 4/6/2009, 2:55 pm

Where I fish usually depends on wind. Being on the bay, I can usually find a spot where the wind is in my face or blowing bait in where its to my favor.
BrianM38
BrianM38

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post  Rlyman1 4/14/2009, 10:48 pm

in my opinion wind doesnt matter (to an extent) its all in knowing how to fish that wind. however if the wind blows from the east it tends to push bait closer to you along with that comes weeds. If the wind blows from the west you can usually cast a mile meaning you can get to the other side of the sandbar where there is usually fish. when the the wind blows against the current you usually get some pretty choppy waters. when the wind blows with the current you get calm water. Its all in choosing the right plug for the situation. because the combination of wind and current will affect how your plug swims.
Rlyman1
Rlyman1

Number of posts : 161

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 4/14/2009, 10:55 pm

i agree with brian where we fish if the wind is not in ur face most of the time there is no fish. but there are a few spots that i have found the wind does not matter. i like to save these spots for those days of no wind.
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down