Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fishing cape cod

2 posters

Go down

fishing cape cod Empty fishing cape cod

Post  nicholas manzi 6/13/2011, 11:42 am

i went to cape cod onjune 1 -6 . thee was no fish to speak of. the beaches were washed out. there was a number of seals roaming the beaches. what saved the trip was a friend that took me and my friend out. we caught striped bass and pollack. the seals keep the fish from cming to the beach. were are the great whites..statenisland nick

nicholas manzi

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

fishing cape cod Empty Re: fishing cape cod

Post  handyman 6/24/2011, 12:17 am

hay manzi................as you were leaveing the cape i just got there on the 6th..........i was fly swatin for bass in chatum....fished brewster on other ponds every fish i saw was over 30" on the flats and we hit the ponds at night at low tide....there were sandeels galore......and at night they were jumping all around me.........they wouldnt hit my sandeel patterns.......and i didnt have any ultra shrimp with me......so i guessin maybe they were gulping shrimp..............i did manage to drop two fish and land 1 small bass......and my buddy hooked into a nice one on the flats.......prolly bait would have worked but i was fly swatin for em.........yea once i saw the seals in the ocean.......i new that the fish were scared off...............so i took to the flats and ponds........but ill tell you there were tons of sandeels swimming around me...............and i have to say!!!!! ill never brag about the jersey beaches again.......cause we didnt see any garbage on any place we went ......not even a cigerett but....and we hit a lot of beaches............and when we got back we hit the hook........sandy hook........what a bunch of crap on those beaches...........but not in chatum....even the peoples homes were kept up nice and neat..........way to go capecod'rs.....i enjoyed my stay

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down