Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cape May Point

3 posters

Go down

Cape May Point Empty Cape May Point

Post  CaptFrank 11/18/2012, 9:51 pm

Fished the beach again today, well, soaked bait. Had Charles and Sean along for the days adventure. We started in Cape May Point after procuring fresh Bunker from Hands Too. We tossed out six rods and then realized the current, which was still incoming, was screaming! Couldn't even hold with one of my BDB 6oz. Sputniks. Hauled the lines back in and found I had a nice tangle, which for once, I was able to undo. Decided to move to another, hopefully nicer spot.
The move was worth it. Much less wind, did i mention it was windy? And far less current. We set up again and our baits stayed where we cast them. It was about all they did, except for Charles' Skate. No action at all. Even found a bunch of nice sea glass (so much for that superstition).
Sea found a big ol' Mantis Shrimp washed up on the beach. He tried it for bait, but there were no takers.
The highlight of the trip had to be the large group of people that walked down looking rather somber and carrying a small purple bag. They walked a ways beyond our fishing spot and gathered. I jokingly commented that they probably had someone's ashes in the bag. Sure enough, they started to spread them out in the water! Of course at this point the jokes and snide comments began to fly. Purple bag, Higbees Beach a know hangout for homosexuals... Human ashes for chum... being put into a giant mud puddle... you get the idea. Probably going to Hell now. Actually, isn't it illegal to dump someone's ashes like that? Eh, not my worry. Ashes are not a good fish attractant either. Not that there was any action anyway... Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Life's been busy. This post pretty much sums up the fishing since Sandy. Back bays are devoid of life. Beaches are spotty at best. Chunk bite is on in the Bay though, but hit and miss.

Tight Lines!
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Cape May Point Empty Re: Cape May Point

Post  JeffL 11/19/2012, 8:28 pm

Thanks for the report
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER