Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reel finishes...

4 posters

Go down

reel finishes... Empty reel finishes...

Post  holymackeral 3/17/2011, 10:35 pm

what's the best choice for finishing a reel? i was looking into the different types of finishes... i kinda like anodizing the best... some great color choices and just looks good... thought of powder coating but it seems a bit pricey but might be the best overall finish... painting is probably the cheapest but the weakest of the finishes...

i'm not gentle with reels... i like to fall and bang things.... i know the anodizing will get scratched and all but i'm afraid the paint will not only scratch but chip as well... and powder coating is just out of my price range...

so what's your choice of finishes?

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

reel finishes... Empty Re: reel finishes...

Post  smitty 3/17/2011, 10:40 pm

i did mine with paint but took the extra step to use a good auto clear with a little flex in it with hopes it will take a but more abuse then just the hard clear finish.
its held up pretty good but it will not hold up to getting beat on the rocks nor will any finish....hey if its not beat up a little then your not fishing with it rite lol.... Very Happy
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishing75 3/18/2011, 10:11 pm

powder coat is very durable. my 704 is powder coated and has hit a rock or two and you can hardly tall that it happened

fishing75

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 3/18/2011, 10:25 pm

i just got a greenie back i got it powdercoated............plus they chromed the bailwire and bailarm for $100.00..........i have to say it looks awsum......plus i saw fishin75 704 reel..............nice real nice

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down