Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not Nascar.... but a reel race

+4
Charlie G.
Murphthesurf
Oldsalts
surfrocket
8 posters

Go down

not Nascar.... but a reel race Empty not Nascar.... but a reel race

Post  surfrocket 2/26/2011, 12:25 am

we are going to be on island beach with surf rockets not to fish but to race...

we will be blasting out big baits big lures whatever we can shoot out of these things 2 at a time, 2 anglers side by side and see who gets their bait or lure in the fastest. 300 feet 500 feet 1000 feet plus.... lets see who is fastest on the reel.

we need a date and time for this event. who is in... you have a plug... wanna see how it really flys... come on out. i wanna put your wood to the test. a fun time to hang out and chill with the fellas... maybe we can even have some small bets on who is the fastest.. lol. what do you all think?

surfrocket

Number of posts : 16

http://surfrocketfishing.com

Back to top Go down

not Nascar.... but a reel race Empty Re: not Nascar.... but a reel race

Post  Oldsalts 2/26/2011, 10:20 am

surfrocket wrote:we are going to be on island beach with surf rockets not to fish but to race...

we will be blasting out big baits big lures whatever we can shoot out of these things 2 at a time, 2 anglers side by side and see who gets their bait or lure in the fastest. 300 feet 500 feet 1000 feet plus.... lets see who is fastest on the reel.

we need a date and time for this event. who is in... you have a plug... wanna see how it really flys... come on out. i wanna put your wood to the test. a fun time to hang out and chill with the fellas... maybe we can even have some small bets on who is the fastest.. lol. what do you all think?

Hey I'm in for this ...!!!!!!
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf 2/26/2011, 11:06 am

Just a heads up. You should contact law enforcement on IBSP before you shoot that contraption there. Anything that shoots a projectile, even with compressed air, that is capable of injuring persons is considered a weapon. I know the fines are very expensive. I don't want to piss on the parade, but I know for a fact that it is illegal on State Park Property. I wouldn't want to roll the dice. not Nascar.... but a reel race 870783
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  surfrocket 2/26/2011, 12:58 pm

Murf.... Your not pissing on any parade. Not at all bud. The Surf Rocket isn't illegal in New Jersey on any beach state or public. I am on Ibsp all the time with the Surf Rocket as are many of our customers. We were actually in New Jersey's Marine Guide 3 years ago, the book that comes out every spring with New Jerseys rules and regs. On top of that Surf Rocket has been one of the top prizes at the Governors Cup the last 4 years. We donate our time there every year helping out Fish and Game, the Beach Buggy Association and other agencies. I drive up and down the beach and help disabled people, Vets, and kids by shooting baits out for them. I understand you are a Game Warden and I am not in any way trying to step on your toes, but I have worked very hard to put an amazing product on the market and try and build a successful company. With great costumer service, an amazing product, being involved in the community doing different events and donating my time to many orginazations. Surf Rocket is totally legal and safe. Like many other tools we all have and work with every day it has to be used the right way for sure. I had someone try and shut me down 3 years ago, calling fish and game and the NJ state police reporting Surfrocket as a possible weapon, both agencies had the same response. It's totally legal. We have had our Sharks in the Surf nights on Ibsp 3 or 4 times a season for the last 4 years where we brought over 150 people, paying customers to Ibsp just to spend the night with us out there. Many people kids and adults have seen and touched their first real shark we us and the surf rocket on Ibsp. Park police when patrolling on Ibsp always stop to talk with us and see us blast out big baits and see the awesome catches we accomplish out there from the beach. There are also 2 other compaines who make a product similar to the surf rocket that also spend time with their launchers in NJ on public beaches and Ibsp, all with out problems. So come on out and meet up with us Merf, I know you will have a BLAST..

surfrocket

Number of posts : 16

http://surfrocketfishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf 2/26/2011, 1:27 pm

Surfrocket, I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. I'm sure your product is great and it looks pretty cool. I'm not saying it's aganist the law in NJ. But it is against State Park Rules and Regulations. 7:2-2.18(b) A person shall not possess or discharge any firearm, pellet gun, bow and arrow, slinshot or any other weapon capable of injuring persons or wildlife while on State Park Service property without the specific approval of the Superintendent or designee... Or 7:2-2.18(c) A person shall not possess, or discharge or cause to be discharged any fireworks, explosives, torpedoes, rockets, or any other substances which could be harmful to persons without specific approval of the Director of the Division of Parks and Forestry or the Assistant Director of the Division for the State Parks Service. This is right out of the Rules and Regs.. Officers do have discretion and don't have to issue summons but with a beach full of people and the rocket launcher in the wrong hands can be a bad day for the person on the other end.

Like I said, I'm not breaking your stones or bashing your product, I kind of like it. Just trying to save you a head ache.. Good luck with your product..
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 2/27/2011, 6:33 pm

I would love to see that shoot a plug [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WTF there is no rule enforcement at the park anymore Sleep lol!
When I discussed that matter about the lack of enforcement of the rules of the park with the man at the front gate when I got my permit he stated it's the cutbacks.
We can't help it. No offence to the rangers or anyone.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  Down South 3/1/2011, 8:17 pm

Not for me.............Seeing how far I can cast is half the fun

Dean

Down South

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  SurfPlug 3/5/2011, 8:27 pm

I like to see it myself shoot a chunk or a plug way the heck out there.

SurfPlug

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 3/5/2011, 9:52 pm

Can't afford a pass or the gas this year mad . Would love to see how it works though.
Have you ever taken down a sea gull by accident confused

Bluesfish :..............
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  cfishigotu 3/26/2011, 5:41 pm

Rocket, whats the date?
cfishigotu