Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Van Staal ???

+2
holymackeral
tsm3404
6 posters

Go down

Van Staal ??? Empty Van Staal ???

Post  tsm3404 2/12/2011, 2:57 am

Might sound like a dumb question but vs lists most of the reels as right handed but the pictures have the handle on the left side. I was planning on ordering a reel due to the fact that the nearest dealer is 1.5 hrs away. I want a vs 150 and I reel with my left hand and hold the reel seat with my right hand do I want a vs right hand or left? Van Staals site also lists that the only left hand 150 is gold but ive used a vs the retrieved with left hand and it was black which I want.
tsm3404
tsm3404

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Van Staal ??? Empty Re: Van Staal ???

Post  holymackeral 2/12/2011, 8:54 am

you want a lefty reel... i too reel with my left hand... i'm sure you can get the reel size and color you want in a lefty..... you may have to find an online store that carries the whole line.... oh and those that reel righty are just weird... lol

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  fishing75 2/12/2011, 9:41 am

I think when a reel is said to be right hand that that means you hold the reel with your right hand. I use a 704 and that is a right handed reel and you turn the handle with your left hand. A 705 is a left handed reel but the handle is on the right side of the reel. if you reel with your left hand (as most people do) then you want a right handed reel. hope this isn't too confusing and helps

fishing75

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post  Large John 2/12/2011, 11:23 am

fishing75 wrote:I think when a reel is said to be right hand that that means you hold the reel with your right hand. I use a 704 and that is a right handed reel and you turn the handle with your left hand. A 705 is a left handed reel but the handle is on the right side of the reel. if you reel with your left hand (as most people do) then you want a right handed reel. hope this isn't too confusing and helps

What he said...spinning reels are held with the dominant hand and reeled weak hand
Large John
Large John

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 2/12/2011, 3:43 pm

tsm3404 wrote: Might sound like a dumb question but vs lists most of the reels as right handed but the pictures have the handle on the left side. I was planning on ordering a reel due to the fact that the nearest dealer is 1.5 hrs away. I want a vs 150 and I reel with my left hand and hold the reel seat with my right hand do I want a vs right hand or left? Van Staals site also lists that the only left hand 150 is gold but ive used a vs the retrieved with left hand and it was black which I want.

NO QUESTION IS DUMB. WHEN SPENDING BIG MONEY ON A TOY. YOU CAN GET IT LEFT HANDED OR RIGHT HANDED. IN WHAT COLOR YOU WANT. I DO KNOW FINDING A RIGHT HAND RETRIEVE IS A LITTLE HARD TOO FIND. BUT IF YOU RETRIEVE LEFT HAND SHOULD BE ABLE TOO GET WHENRE YOU WANT.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Van Staal ??? Empty ...

Post  tsm3404 2/13/2011, 3:31 pm

Thanks guys im pretty sure after reading more online that a right handed reel is what you stated hold with right reel with left which is what I want. I might just take the ride and check again first hand thats a lot of money to get the wrong thing.
tsm3404
tsm3404

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  technologist 2/18/2011, 11:34 am

If you hold the spinning reel with your right hand you want a right handed reel!
technologist
technologist

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down