Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cant wait to throw this lure this year

+7
jkrodnrigs
rocstar21
Bluesfish
FJR
tom1276
Murphthesurf
smitty
11 posters

Go down

Cant wait to throw this lure this year Empty Cant wait to throw this lure this year

Post  smitty 2/6/2011, 9:53 pm

got this at the D.V.S.A flea market and cant wait to use it this thing is going to knock them dead when the bunker are in close
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Cant wait to throw this lure this year Empty Re: Cant wait to throw this lure this year

Post  Murphthesurf 2/6/2011, 9:56 pm

I should have bought one too.... Thats one bad spinner..
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Cant wait to throw this lure this year Empty Re: Cant wait to throw this lure this year

Post  smitty 2/6/2011, 10:00 pm

only thing im going to change is the hook but yup its going to catch many im sure of it...
its going to be fished at many levels at different speeds its going to kick ass im telling ya if the bunker are around and a bass is hungry I'm going to catch it on this
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tom1276 2/7/2011, 12:55 am

AHHHHH That's a musky spinner you ain't gonna catch a striper on that thing. There was a guy at one of the recent shows who had a bunch of spinners similar to that but with rubber skirts and 6" grub tails on it. He says it works great for striped bass. I'm not convinced. But if I see him at another show I may grab one or two from him and give it a shot.
tom1276
tom1276

Number of posts : 572

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 2/7/2011, 7:16 pm

Been using spinners like that for years on pike and muskie, work real well, never thought to use them for stripers, go figure !!!!
I saw a show with mike Iconelli catching fluke with spinner baits, going to have to try that this year also !!!
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 2/8/2011, 9:37 am

I did'nt even see em at the flea market smitty ,who had em? Have to keep an eye out at the rest of the shows for some. Great for the river n end of summer fluke!!!!!

Bluesfish Cant wait to throw this lure this year 870783
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 2/8/2011, 11:23 am

Saltwater spinnerbaits are one of the most over looked baits, here in Florida I have personally caught snook, reds and trout on them............

I know people who have caught tarpon on them, the thing is the hardware used has to strong enough......

Smitty that will catch cheers

I know guys you have used these spinnerbaits at this link here and swear by them, these are specifically designed for Stripers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  jkrodnrigs 2/8/2011, 7:13 pm

Jeff Peirson plugs had them and I got one to can't wait to use it.
JK

jkrodnrigs
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Cant wait to throw this lure this year Empty ...

Post  tsm3404 2/12/2011, 2:02 am

Me and a friend were in a decent bite 2 falls ago and we were catching fish on everything in the bag. I look over and see him struggling with a big fish I go over reach down and leader the fish and in its mouth is a big old inline spinner all silver. I would have never thought to even trying one.
tsm3404
tsm3404

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  L3gend Angler 2/12/2011, 2:36 am

I got a big bass on a spinner while I was Snapper fishing! lol Thing broke off right after I got a glimpse of it! Cant wait to throw this lure this year 177925
L3gend Angler
L3gend Angler
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 546

http://flyz.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  woodwker99 2/13/2011, 8:52 pm

This post makes me think "gee I guess I'm not the only one who throws sweet water lures in the brine"! I have been using Muskie lures for stripers for years but didn't share the idea for wanting not to be looked at as some sort of kook. Who Knew!
woodwker99
woodwker99

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post  kdibb 2/14/2011, 9:49 pm

I have fished Nantucket Island for over 15 years, have used strike king spinner baits for stripers up there and have done very well. A fish is a fish, I'm just saying don't be afraid of trying anything, never know till you try. Tightlines.
kdibb
kdibb
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down