Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First of the year

+8
Fish Stick Lures
stevel
HONEYHOLEDIPPER
holymackeral
SurfChick
Smoke
rocstar21
striperslayer
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First of the year Empty First of the year

Post  striperslayer 3/22/2010, 5:52 pm

Yesterday, went on on the susquahanna flatts. Got to the spot at like 8:00. Fished there until about 10:30. Right when we were about to leave my rod with the WHOLE fresh herring about 9 in long gets hit and drag started peeling off. When I got the fish to the boat is was just what I had thought, striper. We got the fish in the boat and measured him at 31in and he weighed 9lbs 3oz. I know you guys and girls say no pics, it didnt happen but the only pic I got was with my phone and I cant figure out how to get the pic to the computer. Still, I beat my personal record and had a great day.

Oh yea, ANdrea, I raised the bar, now you have to beat a 31" striper
striperslayer
striperslayer

Number of posts : 325

Back to top Go down

First of the year Empty Re: First of the year

Post  rocstar21 3/22/2010, 5:54 pm

good job bro First of the year 560155

where is the pix?????
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 3/22/2010, 5:57 pm

WTG,I hope you can raise the bar higher... cool
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 3/22/2010, 6:05 pm

YOU CAN SEND IT TO YOUR EMAIL AND THEN DOWNLOAD IT THAT WAY............
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 3/22/2010, 6:32 pm

rocstar21 wrote:YOU CAN SEND IT TO YOUR EMAIL AND THEN DOWNLOAD IT THAT WAY............

I thought of that but my phone wont let me send it to my email and I cant even send picture messages with it. It is stuck on my phone for now. My grandfather took a few on his phone. I will see if I can get him to email to my email and I will try to post them.
striperslayer
striperslayer

Back to top Go down

Post  SurfChick 3/22/2010, 6:51 pm

striperslayer wrote:Yesterday, went on on the susquahanna flatts. Got to the spot at like 8:00. Fished there until about 10:30. Right when we were about to leave my rod with the WHOLE fresh herring about 9 in long gets hit and drag started peeling off. When I got the fish to the boat is was just what I had thought, striper. We got the fish in the boat and measured him at 31in and he weighed 9lbs 3oz. I know you guys and girls say no pics, it didnt happen but the only pic I got was with my phone and I cant figure out how to get the pic to the computer. Still, I beat my personal record and had a great day.

I got nothing to beat cause theres no pix of the fish!!! Ha! First of the year 56958 So ya better figure out how to get the pix off the cell.. or theres nothing I can beat!!!! HAHAHA! First of the year 56958 First of the year 56958
SurfChick
SurfChick

Number of posts : 760

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 3/22/2010, 7:25 pm

good going... soon you'll be reeling in the big girls...

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  HONEYHOLEDIPPER 3/23/2010, 12:25 am

Did you hire a guide ? I was thinkin of hiring one for the flats as I never been and its on my list for years but never made it yet , hope'in this was the year.
HONEYHOLEDIPPER
HONEYHOLEDIPPER

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 3/23/2010, 2:11 pm

awsome job .....NO PICS THO....SUSPICIOUS .... lol! lol!
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  SurfChick 3/23/2010, 2:44 pm

stevel wrote:awsome job .....NO PICS THO....SUSPICIOUS .... lol! lol!

Thats what I said Steve!!!!!!!!!!! lol! lol!
SurfChick
SurfChick

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 3/23/2010, 8:56 pm

HONEYHOLEDIPPER wrote:Did you hire a guide ? I was thinkin of hiring one for the flats as I never been and its on my list for years but never made it yet , hope'in this was the year.

No I didnt hire a guide. My grandfather has been fishing there for years but if your interested I know a good guide. Just google Herbs bait and tackle. The store is the local store and the owner is a guide. Im not sure how much oit will run you but I think it is worth the trip. This is the best place and time of year to catch the big girls. You must use circle hooks and it is STRICTLY catch and release.

Steve, Andrea, I will get the pics up asap (if I can figure out how)
striperslayer
striperslayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Stick Lures 3/23/2010, 11:43 pm

Well done Great way to start the year.

Fish Stick Lures

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa grizz 3/26/2010, 7:21 pm

striperslayer wrote:Yesterday, went on on the susquahanna flatts. Got to the spot at like 8:00. Fished there until about 10:30. Right when we were about to leave my rod with the WHOLE fresh herring about 9 in long gets hit and drag started peeling off. When I got the fish to the boat is was just what I had thought, striper. We got the fish in the boat and measured him at 31in and he weighed 9lbs 3oz. I know you guys and girls say no pics, it didnt happen but the only pic I got was with my phone and I cant figure out how to get the pic to the computer. Still, I beat my personal record and had a great day.I can verifly that striperslayer caught his fish .I was there ,but we have tried sending the pics to my computer and some others and they just won't go thru.I told him not to worry I have my digital camera in my pack so when he gets that 20lb plus one I promised him he will have proof.

Pa grizz

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa grizz 3/26/2010, 7:25 pm

Pa grizz wrote:
striperslayer wrote:Yesterday, went on on the susquahanna flatts. Got to the spot at like 8:00. Fished there until about 10:30. Right when we were about to leave my rod with the WHOLE fresh herring about 9 in long gets hit and drag started peeling off. When I got the fish to the boat is was just what I had thought, striper. We got the fish in the boat and measured him at 31in and he weighed 9lbs 3oz. I know you guys and girls say no pics, it didnt happen but the only pic I got was with my phone and I cant figure out how to get the pic to the computer. Still, I beat my personal record and had a great day. I can verifly that striperslayer caught his fish .I was there ,but we have tried sending the pics to my computer and some others and they just won't go thru.I told him not to worry I have my digital camera in my pack so when he gets that 20lb plus one I promised him he will have proof.

Pa grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 3/27/2010, 8:38 am

STILL WAITIN ..RITE CHICKY..... popcorn ... Sleep
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  SurfChick 3/27/2010, 8:57 am

stevel wrote:STILL WAITIN ..RITE CHICKY..... popcorn ... Sleep

Yeap..lol popcorn
SurfChick
SurfChick

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 3/27/2010, 12:36 pm

Guys, I feel sick. I just got an update from my grandfather (PA grizz). He went out onto the flats this morning and I decided to sleep in. Bad decision. I just got a phone call from him. When I answered the phone all I could hear was him on the other end breathing really heavy. He told me the story and I almost fell out of my chair. He has been searching for a thirty pounder for years now, so the first thing I asked was did you finally get your thirty?. His answer was yes, but double it! It took him a half hour to get her in, and he said he could barely get her into the boat and hold her up to weigh her. The final weight was 58lbs and 7oz!!!!!!! The reason I feel sick is I traded the opportunity to go out and fish with him and have a memory that would last me forever for a few more hours sleep. You can bet that next time I will be up and in the truck within minutes that I was woken up!
striperslayer
striperslayer

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 3/27/2010, 1:03 pm

HOLY CHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT CONGRATS TO GRANDPA AWSOME... First of the year 560155 First of the year 560155 First of the year 560155

HOPE U LEARNED YOUR LESSON...... :zzzzzzzz: :zzzzzzzz: ....WAKE UP...... homo ... lol! lol!
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 3/27/2010, 1:23 pm

wow congrats to gramps..... damn kids are too lazy and vain to be fisherman...

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 3/27/2010, 2:41 pm

Yea I learned my lesson steve. I dont care if im tired from lacrosse all week. I dont care If I didnt sleep at all that night. I'm Going Fishing!!
striperslayer
striperslayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa grizz 3/27/2010, 8:44 pm

Striperslayer was right about the 58 lb 7oz striper this morning.I had a heavy rod and a medium one. Guess which one she hits?Using live herring on both.There was no doubt what had hit my bait.I took one pic from my phone after I weighed her.If I can fiquire how to post it I'll get in on.She was right at 54 inches long.Only fish I caught today.Now I have to get striperslayer his 20 lber.I f I can get him out of bed.

Pa grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 3/27/2010, 9:12 pm

Pa grizz wrote:Striperslayer was right about the 58 lb 7oz striper this morning.I had a heavy rod and a medium one. Guess which one she hits?Using live herring on both.There was no doubt what had hit my bait.I took one pic from my phone after I weighed her.If I can fiquire how to post it I'll get in on.She was right at 54 inches long.Only fish I caught today.Now I have to get striperslayer his 20 lber.I f I can get him out of bed.
Welcome To SBO Good deal,Congrats on a hell of a fish.looking foward of the photo. First of the year 742713
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa grizz 3/28/2010, 1:53 pm

Well here is the only pic I took.It does not do the fish justice.From the nose down to bottom of the live well is 40 inches and you can see how much is hanging over.I just wish my camera was working and I had more time.I was worried about getting back in the water as fast as I could.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pa grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 3/28/2010, 7:05 pm

awsome job congrats to a beast of a fish.... First of the year 560155 First of the year 560155 First of the year 560155 First of the year 560155
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 3/28/2010, 8:32 pm

Finally got a pic of mine. It is not nearly as big as my grandfathers but Im proud of it. It is my first over 30".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
striperslayer
striperslayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next