Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Cause - Reef Relief

4 posters

Go down

Good Cause - Reef Relief Empty Good Cause - Reef Relief

Post  Kevnmary 3/19/2009, 12:00 pm

Found this while trolling another site. Seems like a good cause if anyone if free and interested. It's a rally to get the lobster pots off the manmade NJ reefs. I've got mixed feelings about the issue myself. I sometimes use the pots and the bouys to locate target areas but I also have fallen victim to being snagged on the long lines. I suppose when it comes down to it I would support the notion that the reefs were built for the benefit of fishermen not trappers. What are your thoughts?

April 17, 2009 - 7:00pm

WHERE: MARTELL’S TIKI BAR RESTAURANT Pt Pleasant Boardwalk

WHAT: BUFFET DINNER, DRINKS, DOOR PRISES, AUCTION

WHO: Hear from the organizers that started the reef effort, the

Legislators who are fighting for us in Trenton and the fishermen who want the reefs returned.

TICKETS: $75.00
reefrescue@yahoo.com - peterg@njoutdooralliance.org
Or call: 973-454-0315
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Good Cause - Reef Relief Empty Re: Good Cause - Reef Relief

Post  whitey 3/19/2009, 1:17 pm

id go but im in mass. i think its a great idea .. i hate trolling 300 feet of wire and hooking up on a pot ..its usully the one that the guy doesnt put enough line on his pot and at high tide its underwater... BUT i can see the lobstermans side you dont get to many lobsters in a sandy area

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  duskydaze 3/21/2009, 7:07 am

whitey wrote:id go but im in mass. i think its a great idea .. i hate trolling 300 feet of wire and hooking up on a pot ..its usully the one that the guy doesnt put enough line on his pot and at high tide its underwater... BUT i can see the lobstermans side you dont get to many lobsters in a sandy area

For the most part our reefs are smothered in fish pots not lobster gear. When you consider the fact that the reefs were built mainly with monies raised by rec fishermen then you will understand the whole picture. My fishing club has donatrd the funds to create 10 different areas on 2 different reefs and there are areas we paid for that are COMPLETELY unfishable for rec fishermen. I don't see the commercial potters donating anything to help build the reefs but they feel its their right to set their gear there.

duskydaze

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  finchaser 4/4/2009, 2:26 pm

Dinner is canceled now being held at Mako Mania Shark Tournament Captains meeting was announced at IGFA dinner last night

finchaser

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/5/2009, 12:16 am

Thanks for the update Finchaser
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content