Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am done with IBSP

+8
Murphthesurf
stevel
holymackeral
ChrisL
Bluesfish
Oldsalts
Charlie G.
surffishingbum
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I am done with IBSP Empty I am done with IBSP

Post  surffishingbum 8/29/2010, 7:34 pm

I could not believe what I saw on that beach yesterday, hundreds of walk on people taking up good fishing spots. I saw trucks with Surfboards on them and no fishing gear, I saw vehicles with ultra light fishing rods with no plans to use them, Trucks 3 to 5 lined up together with families, tents, BQ set up and not one dam fishing rod to fish. Kayaks being launched from the beach and no place for people who pay 195.00 for a beach pass to fish. Why bother calling it a fishing permit anymore, when you don't enforce the rules that go along with it? Just call it a beach pass not a fishing permit. mad

Last year I got a permit for Brigantine and IBSP, this year I just got one for IBSP what a mistake, after fishing IBSP for the last 12 years in a row, this will be my last year fishing that park. Do to the whoring of beach passes this year and the lack of beach left do to storms last year, I am done with that park.
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Number of posts : 128

https://www.facebook.com/home.php

Back to top Go down

I am done with IBSP Empty Re: I am done with IBSP

Post  Charlie G. 8/29/2010, 8:47 pm

Hey Bum I know how you feel and your not alone. A few others on this site are thinking of doing the same as you. But please do 1 thing , sit down and wright a letter to some one telling them what is going on at the Park. Maybe some one on here will know where to send the letters to to get the best responce. IT SUCKS
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 8/29/2010, 8:49 pm

surffishingbum wrote:I could not believe what I saw on that beach yesterday, hundreds of walk on people taking up good fishing spots. I saw trucks with Surfboards on them and no fishing gear, I saw vehicles with ultra light fishing rods with no plans to use them, Trucks 3 to 5 lined up together with families, tents, BQ set up and not one dam fishing rod to fish. Kayaks being launched from the beach and no place for people who pay 195.00 for a beach pass to fish. Why bother calling it a fishing permit anymore, when you don't enforce the rules that go along with it? Just call it a beach pass not a fishing permit. mad

Last year I got a permit for Brigantine and IBSP, this year I just got one for IBSP what a mistake, after fishing IBSP for the last 12 years in a row, this will be my last year fishing that park. Do to the whoring of beach passes this year and the lack of beach left do to storms last year, I am done with that park.

Well said Ed

I think we are also done not fun anymore like the years passed...!!!

Hope to see ya on another beach somewhere in this cesspool of a state...!!!

I got to stop because its not going to be nice....lol
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 8/29/2010, 9:27 pm

I'll sceond everything that was just said!!!! Last time I was there, there were trucks w/o permit stickers on em. They know the beaches are not being patrolled!

Bluesfish :..............
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisL 8/29/2010, 9:54 pm

Things are definitely out of control out there this year. I'm afraid that if it's left unchecked, things will get so out of control that something will happen that causes us to lose access there.
I like the write a letter idea. It can't hurt, but I'm not sure it will result in anything.
The beach erosion from last fall's storms makes it all the worse being everyone is squeezing in south of A23.
The only brite spot is that in a couple weeks, most of "them" will go away, just in time for the fall.

ChrisL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 8/29/2010, 10:18 pm

surffishingbum wrote:I could not believe what I saw on that beach yesterday, hundreds of walk on people taking up good fishing spots. I saw trucks with Surfboards on them and no fishing gear, I saw vehicles with ultra light fishing rods with no plans to use them, Trucks 3 to 5 lined up together with families, tents, BQ set up and not one dam fishing rod to fish. Kayaks being launched from the beach and no place for people who pay 195.00 for a beach pass to fish. Why bother calling it a fishing permit anymore, when you don't enforce the rules that go along with it? Just call it a beach pass not a fishing permit. mad

ok i'm not a permit holder nor do i know the rules for having one. i take it the pass allows you to take your vehicle on the beach. is the fishing permit like the one at sandy hook? it allows you in the park before and after hours? what are the rules for having these permits? is there a seperate beach permit and fishing permit?

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishingbum 8/29/2010, 10:39 pm

holymackeral wrote:

ok i'm not a permit holder nor do i know the rules for having one. i take it the pass allows you to take your vehicle on the beach. is the fishing permit like the one at sandy hook? it allows you in the park before and after hours? what are the rules for having these permits? is there a seperate beach permit and fishing permit?

The following eleven (11) items are MANDATORY in order to drive a 4 X 4 on the beach: I bet half the people on the beach don't have most of this

1. Fishing Equipment (rod & reel), Tackle/Bait for each person over the age of 12!
2. Tire Pressure Gauge
3. Full size Spare Tire
4. Workable Jack plus a support board (3/4" x 12" x 12" minimum)
5. Tow Chain or Snatch Line
6. Shovel (Not a plastic toy beach shovel)
7. Flashlight
8. Fire Extinguisher
9. Auto First Aid Kit
10. Litter/Trash Bag (IBSP is Carry In/Carry Out)
11. Minimum of 3/4's tank of Fuel.

Basic MSFV Rules of the Beach are:

* Stay off the Dunes and Park Vegetation! I saw 7 people on them Saturday
* Speed Limit 10 MPH, Drivers yield to the Right. This means if you are in the vehicle tracks near the dune line heading North and an oncoming vehicle is coming South, you must give way. You would move to the right, closer to the ocean. Yea I watched a guy with a surfboard do at least 25
* No Alcoholic Beverages I don't follow this one
* No Camping
* Fires are permitted on Open Beach 50 feet East of the dune line in the recreation (off season) and Southern areas ONLY. No fires on the beach at Gillikins or Northern area.
* Pets must be kept on a leash at all times (Don't forget to bring a least a gallon of fresh water for the dog). They were all over the beach Saturday, with no leashes.
* You MUST be actively fishing! THIS IS THE BIGGEST JOKE
* During the summer months pay close attention to the sunbathers, kids, dogs and other 4 x 4's
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 8/29/2010, 11:10 pm

surffishingbum wrote:The following eleven (11) items are MANDATORY in order to drive a 4 X 4 on the beach: I bet half the people on the beach don't have most of this

1. Fishing Equipment (rod & reel), Tackle/Bait for each person over the age of 12!
2. Tire Pressure Gauge
3. Full size Spare Tire
7. Flashlight
8. Fire Extinguisher
9. Auto First Aid Kit

* Speed Limit 10 MPH, Drivers yield to the Right. This means if you are in the vehicle tracks near the dune line heading North and an oncoming vehicle is coming South, you must give way. You would move to the right, closer to the ocean. Yea I watched a guy with a surfboard do at least 25
* No Camping
* Fires are permitted on Open Beach 50 feet East of the dune line in the recreation (off season) and Southern areas ONLY. No fires on the beach at Gillikins or Northern area.
* Pets must be kept on a leash at all times (Don't forget to bring a least a gallon of fresh water for the dog). They were all over the beach Saturday, with no leashes.
* During the summer months pay close attention to the sunbathers, kids, dogs and other 4 x 4's

ok so nothing in there about needing a vehicle and pass to be on the beach... but if you do you need to have fishing equipment and bait for everyone over 12.... i can see where you are upset with some of the things going on..... the fact someone walked the beach to fish kinda makes me scratch the head wondering why that makes you mad.... they're not lazy that they need to drive a truck into the water to fish....

i can see getting mad at people parking or driving on the dunes and vegetation... and a couple of the other things that was going on... but i also think someone who breaks the rules don't really have the right to bitch about others who do also... sorry, if it says no alcohol than no alcohol... with all those people and vehicles around.... not a smart idea if you ask me...

one of the things that pisses me off is the whole drinking and driving thing... especially when it says alcohol is not allowed.... regardless of how little your going to tell me you drink it's still not allowed.... and a very dangerous thing to do...

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishingbum 8/29/2010, 11:52 pm

holymackeral wrote:
surffishingbum wrote:The following eleven (11) items are MANDATORY in order to drive a 4 X 4 on the beach: I bet half the people on the beach don't have most of this

2. Tire Pressure Gauge
3. Full size Spare Tire
7. Flashlight
8. Fire Extinguisher
9. Auto First Aid Kit

* No Camping

ok so nothing in there about needing a vehicle and pass to be on the beach... but if you do you need to have fishing equipment and bait for everyone over 12.... i can see where you are upset with some of the things going on..... the fact someone walked the beach to fish kinda makes me scratch the head wondering why that makes you mad.... they're not lazy that they need to drive a truck into the water to fish....

i can see getting mad at people parking or driving on the dunes and vegetation... and a couple of the other things that was going on... but i also think someone who breaks the rules don't really have the right to bitch about others who do also... sorry, if it says no alcohol than no alcohol... with all those people and vehicles around.... not a smart idea if you ask me...

one of the things that pisses me off is the whole drinking and driving thing... especially when it says alcohol is not allowed.... regardless of how little your going to tell me you drink it's still not allowed.... and a very dangerous thing to do...

Do I know you? I HAVE A BEER MAYBE 3 in a span of three days, that is Friday, Sat and Sunday. I DOn't DRINK AND DRIVE LIKE YOU believe. Before you judge me maybe you should know me first.

You pick one thing out that I say and then you tell me I have no right to bitch. Your wrong I pay 195.00 a year for the right to fish on that beach, that is what the permit is for FISHING and the Right to drive your truck on the beach to fish.

People who have no dam clue get a beach pass drive there trucks and sometimes there cars on the beach and have no f ing clue what they are doing, these people are not on the beach to fish. Until they rename it a beach pass and not a fishing permit I will bitch as much as I want and nobody including you will tell me I have no right, just because I have 3 beers, that gives me no right. Like I said you don't know me so you have no right to tell me what I can do.

I don't need you to tell me how dangerous it is to drink and drive, my best friend was killed by a drunk driver.

I have no problem with people walking on a beach and fishing. I have a problem with families swimming in unprotected waters when there is miles of bathing beaches that are protected. We can not drive on there beach in the summer but yet they keep showing up where tracks are.
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishingbum 8/30/2010, 12:03 am

Oldsalts wrote:

Well said Ed

I think we are also done not fun anymore like the years passed...!!!

Hope to see ya on another beach somewhere in this cesspool of a state...!!!

I got to stop because its not going to be nice....lol

Hey Ed,

Did you know that you can not have fire on Brigantine beach? It stinks on the cold nights.
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 8/30/2010, 7:57 am

surffishingbum wrote:Do I know you? I HAVE A BEER MAYBE 3 in a span of three days, that is Friday, Sat and Sunday. I DOn't DRINK AND DRIVE LIKE YOU believe. Before you judge me maybe you should know me first.

You pick one thing out that I say and then you tell me I have no right to bitch. Your wrong I pay 195.00 a year for the right to fish on that beach, that is what the permit is for FISHING and the Right to drive your truck on the beach to fish.

People who have no dam clue get a beach pass drive there trucks and sometimes there cars on the beach and have no f ing clue what they are doing, these people are not on the beach to fish. Until they rename it a beach pass and not a fishing permit I will bitch as much as I want and nobody including you will tell me I have no right, just because I have 3 beers, that gives me no right. Like I said you don't know me so you have no right to tell me what I can do.

I don't need you to tell me how dangerous it is to drink and drive, my best friend was killed by a drunk driver.

I have no problem with people walking on a beach and fishing. I have a problem with families swimming in unprotected waters when there is miles of bathing beaches that are protected. We can not drive on there beach in the summer but yet they keep showing up where tracks are.

i believe i'm not wrong...... you posted that there are no alcoholic beverages allowed.... and you posted that you ignore this rule.... so actually i'm not wrong.... you admittedly break a rule, than bitch cause others break the rules... i don't care if it's one beer or a bottle of jack a rule is a rule...

i don't need to know you to know you are doing something wrong... again you admitted you do this... what you do over a weekend is none of my business... whether you have 1 beer a day or a bottle of jack daniels every couple of hours...... but it is my business when you do it where it is against the rules (and probably the law)....

is saying your friend or someone you know was killed by a drunk driver (while discussing your drinking habits) like saying you have friends that are black when being accused of being racist?

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 8/30/2010, 8:14 am

W hat has not been menitioned is the fact that there is 2 sections of the park for bathers. Northend of gilagans which is never open to veh. traffic, and the bathing beach area which is a very lg area in the ctr of the park. This section provides life guards, lg parking lots, and bathrooms for the bathers. There is no veh traffic aloud from memorial day- the end of Sept.What pisses me of the most is the blaten disreguard for any rules or common sence!! Not to meniton like I said in my previous post, the veh. that are paying $8.00 for a day pass to drive out to the bathing beach parking lot, but instead driving out on the beach. Not seeing a single park officer all day, being told there's not enough$ due to state cutbacks!!!Figure it out!!!!$195 for a yearly pass..times 5000 passes sold(just an estimate)plus all the day passes, plus all the weekend passes...and it all goes into a state slush fund...WTF!!!!!!! mad mad mad Like I said the last time I was there it was like being in Datona at spring break!!!Its a discrase to the State of NJ. So as a fisherman....yes I'm pissed, and yes I will write a letter to the State parks Dept.

Bluesfish mad mad mad mad mad
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 8/30/2010, 8:25 am

CAN UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE ALL MAD....went to a campground ...met some people who drive on IBSP
to take there dogs and relax....they said they dont fish but just take the rod they bought at k-mart and lean
it up against the back of the truck....
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 8/30/2010, 9:02 am

surffishingbum wrote:You must be a saint. Stay out of my post. If there was a middle finger in the selection I would give it to you. SAINT HOLY MACKERAL you are a ------ I will leave it to your imagination.

wow sorry i'm not supporting you and your opinion.... i won't stay out of your post... i'm sure you have good points and a reason to complain about it.... but it's hard to take what you say seriously after you admit to breaking said rules..... and here's two middle fingers for you sir... cause i'm an ass and like to one up people whenever possible...

i've only performed 2 miracles i do believe i need to perform one more to reach sainthood... so please don't mention it again i don't want to jinx it...

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishingbum 8/30/2010, 9:10 am

holymackeral wrote:
surffishingbum wrote:You must be a saint. Stay out of my post. If there was a middle finger in the selection I would give it to you. SAINT HOLY MACKERAL you are a ------ I will leave it to your imagination.

wow sorry i'm not supporting you and your opinion.... i won't stay out of your post... i'm sure you have good points and a reason to complain about it.... but it's hard to take what you say seriously after you admit to breaking said rules..... and here's two middle fingers for you sir... cause i'm an ass and like to one up people whenever possible...

i've only performed 2 miracles i do believe i need to perform one more to reach sainthood... so please don't mention it again i don't want to jinx it...

You are so fixated on me admitting that I have had a few beers, big deal I had some beer once in a blue moon you A**. I don't even take them into the park, I just happen to meet friends there and the funny thing is at night the Park Ranger hangs out with us because he is afraid of the dark. Am I wrong or is he for allowing people to do it? At this point I don't care, I don't need to be preached to by you, I don't know you and could careless about you.

Like I said you don't know me, you make an assumption that because I admitted to drinking on the beach I do it all the time, the fact is I don't, I drink once maybe twice a year. I am sorry alcoholism runs in your family, but it doesn't in mine so don't make an assumption that everyone is an alcoholic just because you are or were.
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishingbum 8/30/2010, 9:15 am

stevel wrote:CAN UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE ALL MAD....went to a campground ...met some people who drive on IBSP
to take there dogs and relax....they said they dont fish but just take the rod they bought at k-mart and lean
it up against the back of the truck....

I saw a family on the beach Saturday, they had all the fun beach stuff a volleyball net, tent, BQ grill set up and boogie boards, they also had 4 ultra light rods leaning on the jeep with no intentions on using them. mad

When I was leaving the beach I saw a car driving in with no sticker and no 4wheel drive. I hope he got stuck Very Happy
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishingbum 8/30/2010, 9:23 am

Bluesfish wrote:W hat has not been menitioned is the fact that there is 2 sections of the park for bathers. Northend of gilagans which is never open to veh. traffic, and the bathing beach area which is a very lg area in the ctr of the park. This section provides life guards, lg parking lots, and bathrooms for the bathers. There is no veh traffic aloud from memorial day- the end of Sept.What pisses me of the most is the blaten disreguard for any rules or common sence!! Not to meniton like I said in my previous post, the veh. that are paying $8.00 for a day pass to drive out to the bathing beach parking lot, but instead driving out on the beach. Not seeing a single park officer all day, being told there's not enough$ due to state cutbacks!!!Figure it out!!!!$195 for a yearly pass..times 5000 passes sold(just an estimate)plus all the day passes, plus all the weekend passes...and it all goes into a state slush fund...WTF!!!!!!! mad mad mad Like I said the last time I was there it was like being in Datona at spring break!!!Its a discrase to the State of NJ. So as a fisherman....yes I'm pissed, and yes I will write a letter to the State parks Dept.

Bluesfish mad mad mad mad mad

That pisses me off, I pay 195.00 to go fishing and I can't get to my favorite spot because someone who paid 8 bucks for a carload is in it. They should have to stay in the bathing beach section, you know the section we can not go to between Memorial Day and Labor Day, because it would be to dangerous to have trucks and people on the same beach. The fishing area isn't even protected by life guards. What happens if one of there kids get caught in a rip tide and drowns? They will be the first ones complaining that the beach should of had a lifeguard and the sue the state.
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf 8/30/2010, 9:50 am

I've been avoiding this post and this is as far as I will get involved..... If anyone wants to write a letter in reference to the lack of police presence at IBSP and express their concerns to someone who can actually do something about this, pm me and I will give you the information.

In defense of the Park Police, I know first hand that they are approximately 100 yes 100 officers short... Sometimes there is only one or two officers covering from IBSP all the way down to Cape May Point, and every other park in between, including the largest state park in NJ. The same problems are in every park, not just IBSP.
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishingbum 8/30/2010, 9:55 am

Murphthesurf wrote:I've been avoiding this post and this is as far as I will get involved..... If anyone wants to write a letter in reference to the lack of police presence at IBSP and express their concerns to someone who can actually do something about this, pm me and I will give you the information.

In defense of the Park Police, I know first hand that they are approximately 100 yes 100 officers short... Sometimes there is only one or two officers covering from IBSP all the way down to Cape May Point, and every other park in between, including the largest state park in NJ. The same problems are in every park, not just IBSP.

PM sent
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatbaits 8/30/2010, 9:56 am

popcorn

IBSP is a lawless joke. You can call or write as many letters as you want it's not going to change a thing.

Greatbaits
Greatbaits

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishingbum 8/30/2010, 2:27 pm

Greatbaits wrote: popcorn

IBSP is a lawless joke. You can call or write as many letters as you want it's not going to change a thing.

It looked like it this past weekend
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 8/30/2010, 4:55 pm

No matter how bad it is, if no one speaks up or wrights about their seeing the law broken and other violations we have no voice. You'd be surprised how important it is to wright in about your complaints. Remember if you don't get involved you louse the right to even bitch, cause you did nothing to fix the problem or even try. Don't just wright the state but tell your B&T stores you might not be coming back next year because of this problem. Do you think that Grumpys or Betty & Nicks wouldn't do something if 1/3 of their surf fisherman said they aren't coming back to give him their business next year becaus of these problems. this might be something surf fisherman need to get off their asses to do something about just like loosing beach access to the shore line.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  gaffmaster 8/30/2010, 8:35 pm

I have seen a lot of the crap that is going on at IBSP that everyone has posted.
Maybe we all need to meet in the fall and put a protest AT THE GOVERNERS HOUSE PROPERTY. Beach, house and driveway Set up tents, barbeque, horseshoe pits, badmitton net, volleyball ect.
Maybe an action like this would get someones attention.
It is definately a big problem with the state parks $ being cut back and budgets.

Maybe everyone could organize a volunteer force that would have the authority to check or enforce some of the items discussed. I remember years ago when the city of New York, Philadlephia and Chicago were having big problems with criminals taking over every place in these cities. The police did not have the forces to check and a group called the Guardian Angels were organized to patrol the cities and to set up patrols to watch for illegal activities.The recieved training from local law enforcement outlining what they could and couldnt do and the laws that they had to follow. Maybe some sort of group could be organized like this to check paperwork or even do it with some college in NJ in conjunction there Public Law Enforcement Studies to send students in training to learn how to due "field checks and procedures".
It is very, very upsetting to see some 5000 people paying $195.00 to use the beach to fish but SOME of these permits are not people fishing.
Were can you go for about 15-20 weekends a year in NJ on the beach and not be ticketed, towed (unless you get stuck) robbed or broken into?? (for $195.00)
Some of the vehicles I have seen abusing the priveledge have Yearly permits and there are 5-7 people in 1 vehicle with 1 or 2 rods in the water. I think some of the guys that have trucks or suvs that have permits are picking up other friends in the lots and then driving them down to the areas for the free for all.
Hope that in the next few weeks that it will thin out the abusers. Maybe we should look for shitty weather for the fall rain, overcast,N-NE winds 15-20, overcast or cloudy and cooler weather. PERFECT FALL FISHING WEATHER!!! (Best fishing last fall)

gaffmaster

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishingbum 8/30/2010, 9:16 pm

I have the address and persons name to send the letters to if you want it PM me and I will send it to you. I will check and see if I can post it, if I can I will.
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 8/31/2010, 8:08 pm

i understand wat u guys r saying it blows..but like murph said they r way short handed so wat is an officer to do..i am sure other peolpe at oher parks r saying the same sort of thing...so the officer gose there..while he is there people are pissed he is not some where else...there is no way to win really....one option is to fish other places i know some spots out front i can go to any givin day and there is no one around and i am slaming fluke...altough u cant drive on the beach. and really wat r u gonna catch at noon in a hundret degree weather and sunny when all these fools r at the beach...not a hell of alot
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next