Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can professional wrestling be considered a sport?

5 posters

Go down

How can professional wrestling be considered a sport? Empty How can professional wrestling be considered a sport?

Post  JashimChando 4/17/2010, 2:41 am

I hate to break it to you die hard pro wrestling fans (not really) but pro wrestling is totally staged. The main focus of pro wrestling is to make money and entertain while other types of wrestling focuses on the athletic competition between the two competitors. Being a former wrestler in high school, I think it's a depressing to see these "professional wrestlers" put such a horrible face to a noble sport. They aren't "professional" and they certainly aren't "wrestlers". They are a bunch of idiots that put on some redneck soap opera for the entertainment of people who have no respect for the real sport of wrestling.

JashimChando

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

How can professional wrestling be considered a sport? Empty Re: How can professional wrestling be considered a sport?

Post  joesfishinproblem 4/17/2010, 2:52 am

i think most of us know this one?????????????????
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

How can professional wrestling be considered a sport? Empty Re: How can professional wrestling be considered a sport?

Post  stevel 4/17/2010, 7:48 am

yes its true they winner is chosen ahead of time.....but do u have a athletic body like them and skills like them ...
they work hard at what they do ....there bodys take a tremendous beating and all those moves are incredible...
IM A BIG FAN OF WRESTLING......HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS ....AND ALWAYS WILL BE.....ONE OF THE BIGGEST MONEY MAKERS OUT THERE ...SO THEY MUST HAVE AN AWFUL BIG FAN BASE .....AND ALOT OF RESPECT FOR WHAT THEY DO.....

MAKES FOR GREAT ENTERTAINMENT ......LIKE AN ACTION MOVIE THAT U PAY TO SEE.....ALL STAGED AND STUNTS......

I WRESTLED FOR 13YRS IN MY YOUNGER DAYS TOO....NO BIG DEAL.....
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 4/17/2010, 8:39 am

stevel wrote:yes its true they winner is chosen ahead of time.....but do u have a athletic body like them and skills like them ...
they work hard at what they do ....there bodys take a tremendous beating and all those moves are incredible...
IM A BIG FAN OF WRESTLING......HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS ....AND ALWAYS WILL BE.....ONE OF THE BIGGEST MONEY MAKERS OUT THERE ...SO THEY MUST HAVE AN AWFUL BIG FAN BASE .....AND ALOT OF RESPECT FOR WHAT THEY DO.....

MAKES FOR GREAT ENTERTAINMENT ......LIKE AN ACTION MOVIE THAT U PAY TO SEE.....ALL STAGED AND STUNTS......

I WRESTLED FOR 13YRS IN MY YOUNGER DAYS TOO....NO BIG DEAL.....

Your nothing but a REDNECK...!!!!
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 4/17/2010, 10:21 am

YO OLDSALTS.. HERES A NEW FISHING HOLE ME AND PA AND ELLIEMAY FOUND U WANT TO HIT IT WITH US...... lol! lol!

How can professional wrestling be considered a sport? Redneckfishing
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  first2wins 4/17/2010, 12:42 pm

No Pro wrestling is not a sport….it is entertainment….it does not put a horrible face to freestyle, Greco, folk style, or any other type of combat sport.

What has ruined the sport is the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The new rules have shifted the sport form a physically demanding test of strength, endurance, and skill. To a boring pushing and shoving match that ends up being determined by what color ball is pulled form a bag.

I hate to say it, but Folkstyle has emerged as the most exciting form of wrestling, but the officiating is so inconsistent.

No I don’t look like a professional wrestler…My sport does not promote or allow, the use of steroids and many other supplements.

But

Pound for pound I would say that gymnasts or wrestlers are the strongest people out there and that wrestlers who transition into the realm of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), are some of the most dangerous people on earth when it comes to hand to hand combat.

Wrestled HS in PA, Wrestled at the University of Maryland….Still roll at UMD…the team was ranked as high as #3 in the nation this year.

How can professional wrestling be considered a sport? N5711510_38726256_7885
first2wins
first2wins

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down