Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch you health

4 posters

Go down

Watch you health Empty Watch you health

Post  126andy 4/14/2010, 12:13 am

This is just a short story of what just happened to me and I wanted to share in case anyone else is going through the same thing.

I was taking some medicines for cholestrol, last week I went to the doctor for a regular checkup and told him that my shoulders and legs were sore. I thought the sore shoulders were from lifting my wife from her wheelchair into the car and I wrote off the legs as from doing yardwork getting ready for the summer. When I mentioned this to him he said that age was catching up with all of us and that was probably it.

I kayak fish and was even having trouble lifting the kayak onto the hullivator when it was in the down position. I was getting ready to get rid of the kayak since I wasn't able to use it anyway. After I got home from the doctors I started thinking that if indeed it was old age catching up I wouldn't think that all of my muscles would start aching at once then I realized that about 4 or 5 months ago some of my medicine was switched around by the doctor and that was about the time I started feeling the aches. I called his office again and got a nurse that specialized in different medicines.

She took a look at what I was taking and right away told me that my pain was probably coming from a certain medicine. They switched it and she told me that it would probably take 3-4 week for the pain to subside.

Well its been just about 1 week and already the pain is almost all gone from my shoulders and leaving my legs. I can see that everything will be back to normal soon. I just wanted to mention this in case anyone else is having anything else similar. Don't just chalk things up to assuming that it was something that you did that is causing you pain look into everything especially changes in medicines and new medicines just started.
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Watch you health Empty Re: Watch you health

Post  126andy 4/14/2010, 12:25 am

The two drugs were Simvastatin 40mg & Zetia 10Mg. They seem to think it was the Simvastatin 40mg that was doing it all. All of the statin drugs can cause these same problems. I'm telling you this time last week I couldn't raise my arms over my head there was so much pain
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 4/14/2010, 12:45 pm

I'm glad you were pro-active and found out the real reason for your discomfort.
We must be diligent when it comes to our own health and those that are special in our lives.
Asking questions and turning over all the rocks is the way to go.

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 4/16/2010, 5:25 am

Glad things are getting better Andy.

Bluesfish Watch you health 870783
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679