Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone out on Long Island?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone out on Long Island? Empty Anyone out on Long Island?

Post  Kevnmary 4/13/2010, 4:36 pm

Just curious who our Long Island members are. I just bought a custom rod from someone who lives out in Remsenburg and the terms were local pickup only. I dont have an issue picking it up but don't know if I can make it out there within their time requirements. I was possibly looking for someone who might be able to pick it up and hold it for me. I know its a shot in the dark but thought I'd try. I got it for a very cheap price and from what I've heard Altenkirch makes a great rod.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Anyone out on Long Island? Empty Re: Anyone out on Long Island?

Post  Smoke 4/13/2010, 6:11 pm

Kevnmary wrote:Just curious who our Long Island members are. I just bought a custom rod from someone who lives out in Remsenburg and the terms were local pickup only. I dont have an issue picking it up but don't know if I can make it out there within their time requirements. I was possibly looking for someone who might be able to pick it up and hold it for me. I know its a shot in the dark but thought I'd try. I got it for a very cheap price and from what I've heard Altenkirch makes a great rod.
Kev,You got my # call me.i never heard of that town on long island.Always willing to look out for a fellow SBO member..Smoke
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  126andy 5/9/2010, 12:36 am

Kev,
I'm only a few miles from Remsenberg and would be glad to do it for you. If it's an Altenkirch rod it will be great. I was best friends with Hank and used to hang out at the shop during our high school years. I have an old "E" glass rod that his dadaMickey made for me back in the 70's. Hank and his daughter are still making rods out of his house over in Hampton Bays.
If you need someone to pick it up for you just let me know and I'll go.
Andy
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone out on Long Island? Empty LI

Post  Zipdaman 5/19/2010, 1:07 pm

I am out on LI. I fish a lot on the North Shore, smithtown bay, Nissy, etc...

Zipdaman

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 5/19/2010, 3:52 pm

Thanks guys I managed to take a day off and ran out and picked it up myself. Nice rod by the way, works a pencil like magic but damn its heavy.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down