Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from??

+3
etch
tauruck
tom1276
7 posters

Go down

Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from?? Empty Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from??

Post  tom1276 3/20/2010, 5:12 pm

Geez AC MOORE and Michael's wants $4.50 a bottle for a 3-4 oz bottle. Holy smokes. wow wow wow wow

So where did you find the best prices???

My mother In-Law gave me her airbrush she hasn't used it in 10 years she got it from her nephew he never asked for it back. Oh Well.......

Thanks Guys...... Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from?? 962367 Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from?? 962367
tom1276
tom1276

Number of posts : 572

Back to top Go down

Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from?? Empty Re: Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from??

Post  tauruck 3/20/2010, 5:50 pm

I use Tamiya model paints that come in the glass bottles.
Never had a problem and great colours but they aren't water based.
Cheap too.
tauruck
tauruck

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from?? Empty Re: Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from??

Post  etch 3/20/2010, 6:48 pm

wow a mother inn law thats not an outlaw?? thats different lmao, Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from?? 56958 Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from?? 56958 , you dont need to use just createx paints, i use some of them, that you cant get in the no name acrylic paints,(apple barrel, craft smart etc etc) just cut them down with windex before spraying and you are good to go, dont use water as it will thin the pigments out and you will have paint that is more water then anything else, windex allows it to retain its pigments, and still be able to spray like airbrush paints

Etch
etch
etch

Number of posts : 1193

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/Etch-Custom-Lures-h2.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 3/20/2010, 7:40 pm

I buy it online from Dixie Art supply. Just google dixie art
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 3/21/2010, 1:00 pm

4.50 for a 4oz bottle of paint is a great price. considering how much painting you can get from that size of a bottle. the r/c paints i use cost 4.50 to over 10.00 for 2oz bottles. if you use a lot of paint look for larger sized bottles like 32oz you can get them for a lot less per ounce than buying in small quantities. i've seen them for under 20.00 online and in a store called pearl arts and crafts.

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 3/21/2010, 1:10 pm

tom1276 wrote:Geez AC MOORE and Michael's wants $4.50 a bottle for a 3-4 oz bottle. Holy smokes. Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from?? 386258 Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from?? 386258 Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from?? 386258 Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from?? 386258

So where did you find the best prices???

My mother In-Law gave me her airbrush she hasn't used it in 10 years she got it from her nephew he never asked for it back. Oh Well.......

Thanks Guys...... Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from?? 962367 Where do you guys purchase airbrush paint from?? 962367

Hey Tom

If you look real close the bottles are 2 oz bottle for 4.50 get a 40 or 50 % off coupon in the paper and its not to bad then...!!!
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gull chaser 3/31/2010, 6:38 am

I have a question along the same line. Can I use regular oil based paints and just thin them down with paint thinner or turpentine. I have access to a big paint cabinet at work. The paint is mostly One Shot (sign paint) and impervo? Sorry for cutting in.

gull chaser

Number of posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 3/31/2010, 11:33 am

gull chaser.... don't think oil based paints would work through a smaller airbrush like you would use on a plug. you may need to use a brush with like a .5 needle or larger. and your looking at really thinning down the paint to get it to shoot through and possibly a higher psi.

it also depends on the paint your using too. is it thinner or thicker like house paint? if it's like house paint than your going to have a hard time thinning the paint to shoot through. and if you get it thin enough you probably lost consistency of the pigment.

you can always try and experiment with it. but make sure you have everything you need to clean your brush. cause that type of paint will make a mess out of an airbrush.

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down