Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springtime Specials ?

+5
naspinsz
jojofish
Oldsalts
Kevnmary
highhook
9 posters

Go down

Springtime Specials ? Empty Springtime Specials ?

Post  highhook 2/6/2010, 1:11 am

I've been fishing all my life but also golfed all my life and I'm embarressed to say I really never fished in the Spingtime....I've always golfed Spring to Fall and fished Fall to Winter. My question to all of you is....what is your Special ? Your go to plug/lure ? What are you thinking about right now...your go to guy, that special one that you always grab first with a smile and she always comes through for you....or is it going to be something different this Spring, something new. Let's leave out the Gulp,metals and everthing artificial for this one and see what you guys come up with....the time you fish, colors you use, types of plugs used and where(no spot burning)bay,surf,rips etc...... Springtime Specials ?? What's yours ? Highhook

highhook

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Springtime Specials ? Empty Re: Springtime Specials ?

Post  Kevnmary 2/6/2010, 11:36 am

A big slab of Joefishingproblem Clam to start the season. Once the bait shows up I'll go big in the ocean and smaller in the bays. I like topwater bunker imitations, Spooks, Pencil Poppers, Dannys, and I'll always throw a Skippy Jersey Killah with confidence.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 2/6/2010, 12:09 pm

highhook wrote:I've been fishing all my life but also golfed all my life and I'm embarressed to say I really never fished in the Spingtime....I've always golfed Spring to Fall and fished Fall to Winter. My question to all of you is....what is your Special ? Your go to plug/lure ? What are you thinking about right now...your go to guy, that special one that you always grab first with a smile and she always comes through for you....or is it going to be something different this Spring, something new. Let's leave out the Gulp,metals and everthing artificial for this one and see what you guys come up with....the time you fish, colors you use, types of plugs used and where(no spot burning)bay,surf,rips etc...... Springtime Specials ?? What's yours ? Highhook

Well you lost me when you stated that you chase a little effin white ball around in the woods ...????

So why do you want to pick our brains when you and Tiger ard having what you call fun....????... homo

Are you giving up Golf or just bored today with the snow , just paint your ball floresent yellow and go have some fun...???

ClamBalls are my go to early spring bait.....LMFAO... Springtime Specials ? 870783

Boy i hate SNOW...lol
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jojofish 2/6/2010, 12:12 pm

No matter what season, my first go to lure is always the versatile bucktail
jojofish
jojofish

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  naspinsz 2/6/2010, 3:52 pm

like kevnmary said...small in the back and bigger out front...vary the retrieve, the fish seem to have different tendencies every night in the spring, although slow and steady seems to be the way to go usually. i'll start out with bait (clams first then bunker) though when fishing in the earliest part of the spring...

don't slack too much on the golf game though! Springtime Specials ? 870783 once summer comes around its never fun to play with the guys who have been playing all spring while you're shaking off the winter! lol lol!
naspinsz
naspinsz

Number of posts : 514

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 2/6/2010, 4:57 pm

load your plug bag with dannys, spooks, pencil poppers, and huge shads......then leave it at home and tie on a snag hook.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 2/6/2010, 10:04 pm

Yo Mark..thank god I suck at golf lol! . I start thinking spring run up the Del. river first.Blood worms till the herring show then its a all out slug fest w/ the big girls. I will throw wood and rubber, long as it looks like a shad or herring! I owe yea a trip for the mexico plugs...just say the word. Yes you can bring 1 golf club as long as you fish w/it lol! lol! .

Bluesfish Springtime Specials ? 870783
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  highhook 2/7/2010, 1:32 am

Just what i expected from you Ed Springtime Specials ? 56958 thanks ....Jeff, i'll take you up on ur offer, just have to figure out a wat to get a reel on a 3 iron Springtime Specials ? 177925

highhook

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 2/7/2010, 10:00 am

highhook wrote:Just what i expected from you Ed Springtime Specials ? 56958 thanks ....Jeff, i'll take you up on ur offer, just have to figure out a wat to get a reel on a 3 iron Springtime Specials ? 177925

Bring it over i will weld up something to make it fit....lMFAO
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 2/7/2010, 2:30 pm

I'll start in april in the back/bays throwing sandworms,last week of april i'll go up front throwing bunker..
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  asbury guy 2/7/2010, 2:46 pm

North east wind in my face all cherry red and throwing a wad of clams back in the bay. ( NO ORVIS GEAR HERE)
asbury guy
asbury guy

Number of posts : 373

http://www.asburyparkfishingclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down