Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rod building lessons near Cherry Hill?

5 posters

Go down

Rod building lessons near Cherry Hill? Empty Rod building lessons near Cherry Hill?

Post  RhinoScores 1/10/2010, 2:59 am

Does anyone know of rod building lessons near Cherry Hill? I've been really want to learn how to build a rod. How much will it cost me to buy the all tools needs (not blanks and parts)?

Greg
RhinoScores
RhinoScores

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Rod building lessons near Cherry Hill? Empty Re: Rod building lessons near Cherry Hill?

Post  Charlie G. 1/10/2010, 6:41 pm

I don't know of any lessons near there.
As for building tools it all depends on the individuals wants and what one can afford. You can wrap a rod with a cardboard box with V's cut in the sides of the box to rest your blank in and holding the thread in your hand. To a $1000. wrapping machine. First thing I would say to you is get a good book or search the Internet for info on the subject and read all you can. There is more than enough info out there that tells you how to do everything and anything you need to build a rod.
Try looking at MudholeTackle,com they have some great books listed.
Or look for a local builder that may work with you for a low set fee to walk you thru your 1st rod build one on one and hands on. I've seen this done for $100 and you buy all the materials for your rod from that builder.
I do know Mainline rod builders club runs classes in the winter that is like what I explained above. They hold classes and meetings in Paoli, PA
And ask questions in here some one will help you out.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Rod building lessons near Cherry Hill? Empty Re: Rod building lessons near Cherry Hill?

Post  Oldsalts 1/10/2010, 7:11 pm

Charlie G. wrote:I don't know of any lessons near there.
As for building tools it all depends on the individuals wants and what one can afford. You can wrap a rod with a cardboard box with V's cut in the sides of the box to rest your blank in and holding the thread in your hand. To a $1000. wrapping machine. First thing I would say to you is get a good book or search the Internet for info on the subject and read all you can. There is more than enough info out there that tells you how to do everything and anything you need to build a rod.
Try looking at MudholeTackle,com they have some great books listed.
Or look for a local builder that may work with you for a low set fee to walk you thru your 1st rod build one on one and hands on. I've seen this done for $100 and you buy all the materials for your rod from that builder.
I do know Mainline rod builders club runs classes in the winter that is like what I explained above. They hold classes and meetings in Paoli, PA
And ask questions in here some one will help you out.

I think Charlie G's rod building should start up real soon..????

And Greg

We just have plug building Schooling , just up the road from you....LOL

Ed
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  asbury guy 1/11/2010, 8:39 pm

Bogans Bait and Tackle In Brielle NJ has classes for rod building. I was there 2 weeks ago and they were starting a list.
asbury guy
asbury guy

Number of posts : 373

http://www.asburyparkfishingclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  junkmansj 3/20/2010, 10:00 pm

contact Paul Paul47694@comcast.net

Tri state rodbuilders has classes near Phila.

junkmansj

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down