Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts......

+4
first2wins
126andy
Gremlin
skippy
8 posters

Go down

Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts...... Empty Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts......

Post  skippy 12/26/2009, 1:43 pm

I sat in the city chamber this morning, as our rep. Gail Harnell explained what the new proposals mean for small buissness......

Fact one,,,all employers will provide health benefits for all employees,"full or part time"even if you are hiring someone for only a month, you will maintain their insurance "Until" they are picked up by their next employer?????

Fact two...if you hire someone with a prexisting condition and they leave the job for their treatment, you will pay their insurance forever, or untill their next employer picks them up???? Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts...... 56958

Fact three, All parents must provide health insurance untill their kids are 26???

these provisions are in both versions of the bill,, if you are not a small buisness owner you probably will not care,
but if you are a small buissness owner, you will not be for long....

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts...... Empty Re: Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts......

Post  Gremlin 12/26/2009, 3:59 pm

That's just beautiful Skippy. What we need is Congressional Overhaul. What exactly do they think about when they write something like this?
Gremlin
Gremlin
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 452

Back to top Go down

Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts...... Empty Re: Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts......

Post  126andy 12/26/2009, 5:59 pm

After this goes through they'll be crying woo woo all the small businesses are closing up and the ones that are staying in business wont be hiring anyone that's for sure.

More on that couple that sneaked into the Whitehouse without any credentials!!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  first2wins 12/26/2009, 6:23 pm

sub everything out to dummy companies or independent workers.
first2wins
first2wins

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post  skippy 12/26/2009, 10:01 pm

skippy wrote:I sat in the city chamber this morning, as our rep. Gail Harnell explained what the new proposals mean for small buissness......

Fact one,,,all employers will provide health benefits for all employees,"full or part time"even if you are hiring someone for only a month, you will maintain their insurance "Until" they are picked up by their next employer?????

Fact two...if you hire someone with a prexisting condition and they leave the job for their treatment, you will pay their insurance forever, or untill their next employer picks them up???? Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts...... 56958

Fact three, All parents must provide health insurance untill their kids are 26???

these provisions are in both versions of the bill,, if you are not a small buisness owner you probably will not care,
but if you are a small buissness owner, you will not be for long....
I do not know???? Really seems counter productive,,, I can imagine alot of people sitting on their hands... Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts...... 218105

skippy

Back to top Go down

Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts...... Empty hey Jamie.....

Post  skippy 12/26/2009, 10:04 pm

Gremlin wrote:That's just beautiful Skippy. What we need is Congressional Overhaul. What exactly do they think about when they write something like this?
I would not in a million years think about hiring someone if this is passed,,,, probably just the contrary.... time to get lean.... Sleep

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  RobertRR 12/26/2009, 11:42 pm

Skippy,

Those facts about health care reform are no where near the truth. Not sure who this Gail Harnell is but the information she is feeding people is way off. No one really knows the exact details of the bill, there are many provisions in this bill. If you go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you will get a little insight to whats in the health care reform bill. I pulled this up from CNN.com this might give you a better understanding about employers providing insurance for their workers.

I own a business. Do I have to provide coverage for my employees?
The House plan requires companies with a payroll of more than $500,000 to provide insurance or pay a penalty of up to 8 percent of their payroll.
Under the Senate plan, starting in 2013, companies with more than 50 employees would be required to pay a fee per worker if its employees rely on government subsidies to purchase coverage.

Hope this helps,
Robert
RobertRR
RobertRR

Number of posts : 76

http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=32304

Back to top Go down

Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts...... Empty hey robert....

Post  skippy 12/27/2009, 12:00 am

RobertRR wrote:Skippy,

Those facts about health care reform are no where near the truth. Not sure who this Gail Harnell is but the information she is feeding people is way off. No one really knows the exact details of the bill, there are many provisions in this bill. If you go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you will get a little insight to whats in the health care reform bill. I pulled this up from CNN.com this might give you a better understanding about employers providing insurance for their workers.

I own a business. Do I have to provide coverage for my employees?
The House plan requires companies with a payroll of more than $500,000 to provide insurance or pay a penalty of up to 8 percent of their payroll.
Under the Senate plan, starting in 2013, companies with more than 50 employees would be required to pay a fee per worker if its employees rely on government subsidies to purchase coverage.

Hope this helps,
Robert
She is our dist. rep. and has been pretty honest with us up till this point,,, we were almost three hours in our city chamber,,, while they tried to explain the new bill.... our politicians are scratching their heads at our questions, saying they have not had time to read everything.....I have a very bad feeling on this one,,

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  asbury guy 12/27/2009, 1:39 pm

Only good thing about this goverment is gun sales are thru the roof, and that pays my bills. My company went 20 mill over last year. Why does everyone want a gun all of a sudden
asbury guy
asbury guy

Number of posts : 373

http://www.asburyparkfishingclub.com

Back to top Go down

Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts...... Empty well...

Post  skippy 12/27/2009, 4:36 pm

asbury guy wrote:Only good thing about this goverment is gun sales are thru the roof, and that pays my bills. My company went 20 mill over last year. Why does everyone want a gun all of a sudden
Unfortunately I am not in the gun buissness, just want my buissness to grow a little, if I have to provide insurance for part time employees, there will be no part time employees,,,,

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 12/27/2009, 6:40 pm

Skippy

I my opinion this is NEVER going to fly even the littlest bit...There is no way it will work. The place i work now has a hard time just offering some kind of package that you pay for out of pocket...Insurance cost are to high now across America but this is what i had expected...

What a Joke ...my 2 cents
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Skippylures,,,,I am small buisness, and these are our healthcare facts...... Empty we ......

Post  skippy 12/27/2009, 7:55 pm

Had our city chamber of commerce meeting sat morning,,, our city planner was actually explaining to our represenatives the content of the bill, because they had no clue...One actually rushed out after Gail
corrected her on the numbers..
In our chamber, We have many lawyers and accountants, as well as just average educated citizens...
431 buissness owners in sat. meeting, there was no one that was for this plan :read:

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  NeedFish 12/28/2009, 2:00 am

If this is an attempt to help the individual, it seems sorta misguided. Sorta hard to have any health insurance because the small business you work for is bankrupt because they had to pay for said heath insurance.

NeedFish

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down