Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mexico

4 posters

Go down

Mexico Empty Mexico

Post  VooDooTackle 11/9/2009, 5:33 pm

Well after a few cancelled trips to Mexico because of the swine flu. The wife and I were able to get out of town last month and make it to Puerto Vallarta Mexico for a quick vacation and some fishing. The weather was awesome considering there was a hurricane off the caost on our last day (this was last month). Was able to get at least one day of fishing in while I was there.

After clearing the inlet and the bay we set our lines and picked at the mahi for some dinner when we got back to the dock. We set out a planer and caught a few bonitas for bait for later and once we had that we pulled in lines and bridled up one of the bonitas. Sent it down and after about 30 minutes of a drift we got hammered. The 50 was screaming and once I get strapped in we saw the Blue marlin that wanted some lunch. It was in the 600lb range and after a breif fight she spit the hook and the bait. At least she put on a show for us to see and it was impressive.

Next bonita is out of the tube and bridled up for it's turn. Another 45 minutes goes by and the 50 is screaming again. No show on top so we know we have a Tuna. After about thrity minutes of fighting to get it boat side we see the tuna which is in the 125lb class nice Yellowfin. But that tuna wasn't getting in the boat and off it goes on another run and then slack. Tail must have thumped the leeder and off she went. Oh well at least we were able to get out there and catch a few fish. The wind started to pick up so we cut the day short by a few hours and headed for the dock for some fresh Mahi.

All in all a great trip and can't wait to get back in the spring for some more. Enjoy the few photos we were able to take.

VooDoo Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The hotel

Photobucket

One of the lures we carry.

Photobucket

Nice cow

Photobucket

Nice Bull

Photobucket

Ready for dinner

Photobucket

Fish Tacos

Photobucket

The crew

Photobucket

My next boat and yes it had outriggers and was fishing.

Photobucket
VooDooTackle
VooDooTackle

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Mexico Empty Re: Mexico

Post  eurojett05 11/9/2009, 5:54 pm

Nice report and pics VooDoo....man that plate full of fish taco is making me hungry.

Mexico 560155 Mexico 560155 Mexico 560155
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Mexico Empty Re: Mexico

Post  stevel 11/9/2009, 5:56 pm

GREAT REPORT AND PICS Mexico 92223 LOOKS LIKE U HAD A BLAST :.......:
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER