Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Berkley Fireline Smoke

+3
fishincrazy
rocstar21
126andy
7 posters

Go down

Berkley Fireline Smoke Empty Berkley Fireline Smoke

Post  126andy 10/10/2009, 12:08 am

First let me say that I love Berkley fireline smoke. Today fishing I had new fireline on my reel and noticed that it just unraveled in the middle and all pushed up over itself. Had to cut off at least 100 yards. At first I thought it was a wind knot when I saw it but on closer inspection I saw that it was as if you had a piece of wire and the plastic coatng on it all pushed together leaving one thin strand. Has this happened to anyone else here?
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Berkley Fireline Smoke Empty Re: Berkley Fireline Smoke

Post  rocstar21 10/10/2009, 8:36 am

I HATE THAT CRAP! ALSO THE SPIDER WIRE IS JUNK ALSO........ USE POWER PRO BRO!
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 10/10/2009, 8:50 am

I used to use fire line on everything,but found like a flat spot in my reel once.I guess it was something like you describe.Now "I use suffix Braid and I love it!!!!I like it even better then PP line.Give it a try Andy.

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 10/10/2009, 12:57 pm

THE ONLY LINE I USE IS POWER PRO GREEN. I WILL USE BREKLEY BIG GAME BRAID. BUT ITS HARD TOO FIND. THESE ARE THE ONLY ONES I WOULD USE. I HAVE USED OTHERS AND HAD NOTHING BUT HEADAKES. SO LIVE AND LEARN PP IS THE WAY TOO GO.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  islander 10/13/2009, 2:49 pm

I just had my Abu respooled before a trip to the Island and the shop I think got a bad spool from the distributor cause it was all effed up... Switched it out with different line off different spool no issues... I would say go to them and say something.. Remember fireline is STIFF till broke in so.. I dont like PP at all and I tried Suffix once but the suffix 50# seemed way weaker then the firleline 30# I run so.. But it could of been their 4 strand braid I have heard the 6 strand is insanely strong. The big game braid I only have experience with the 65# and it seemed way think for throwing Light plugs on my Conventional... I wont say my honest opinion of PP on here I had nothing but bad experience with it and yes it was green but might as well been brown cause its s... anyhow just my two cents
islander
islander

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post  126andy 10/15/2009, 12:31 am

I contacted Berkley custtomer service to see if this was a problem that was being reported on a regular basis. I told them that I had a 300yd spool on my reel and the problem was about 140 yards into the spool. I also tod them that I had to remove whatever was left because there just wasn't enough line left on the reel to do anything.
They said that it was an isolated problem and to send what was left of the spool and they would replace it. I sent back to them again and told them to reread my email because in it I told them that all of the line was taken off the reel so I had nothing to send them.
I never heard back from them again.
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  islander 10/15/2009, 2:57 am

thet sounds bout correct.. Email them again and ask them what they want to do or contact sales dept and flip out on them tellin them they will lose a customer seriously .....
islander
islander

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWogg 10/15/2009, 7:33 am

Power Pro is the way to go,Tried them all except suffix,had the best luck so far with PP(sorry J.D.) lol!
I would use Berkly Big Game braided,that line is great but it is hard to find. :..............
TheWogg
TheWogg

Number of posts : 423

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 10/15/2009, 7:46 am

126andy wrote:I contacted Berkley custtomer service to see if this was a problem that was being reported on a regular basis. I told them that I had a 300yd spool on my reel and the problem was about 140 yards into the spool. I also tod them that I had to remove whatever was left because there just wasn't enough line left on the reel to do anything.
They said that it was an isolated problem and to send what was left of the spool and they would replace it. I sent back to them again and told them to reread my email because in it I told them that all of the line was taken off the reel so I had nothing to send them.
I never heard back from them again.

you should send them another email with a link to this post and let them read for them self about your and others problems with it...
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  islander 10/15/2009, 12:41 pm

TheWogg wrote:Power Pro is the way to go,Tried them all except suffix,had the best luck so far with PP(sorry J.D.) lol!
I would use Berkly Big Game braided,that line is great but it is hard to find. :..............

Its ok bro if it works for you.. Hey I lost another 50 yards last night thanks to an old man effin up the rotation at the end.... I liked the big game but yeah hard to find... I may actually try the shitfix 6 strand lol...
islander
islander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down