Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fish-n-Chip 19th-20th Offshore report

4 posters

Go down

Fish-n-Chip 19th-20th Offshore report Empty Fish-n-Chip 19th-20th Offshore report

Post  swab1985 9/21/2009, 7:36 pm

We had Biggietalls89 (Mike) And his Father and friends out for an overnighter this past weekend. The weather was a bit iffy at first but ended up laying down nicely for the night and next day.

We ended up running to the tea cup/trunk area, we eventually worked south and east of there. We had a few pulls, and boated some mahi. We worked our way out the the 100 curve and worked north, we eventually found an area loaded with life and a small school of yellowfin. They were biting short and we couldn't hook as many as we would have liked.

We ended up with 1 out of 6 or 7 bites/hookups. Two of the hookups seemed like nicer fish! At that point, I called in Tim on the "Bodacious" and John on "That's Right" from Over/Under Adventures who were working inshore of us, John had action right away. At this point, as he was coming around, a blue marlin of about 300-400# inhaled our long rigger, it grey hounded right across the stern, stripped a 50w half way down and whacked the main line with his tail. Got away with my Illander.

The night chunk was uneventful for us, we had a few browns and a small hammerhead to the boat during the night. We did however mark a ton bait and tuna fish under the boat, so they are out there! We did hear of a few swords being caught around us, but no luck on our side.

We trolled back inshore where we heard of a bite going off, just to get knocked down in 35-40 fathoms by a large wahoo, which we lost at the boat.

The water on this trip ranged from straight up green and 68.5* to blue 80* water. The water we were working for the Yellowfin was 75.5-76* the next morning when we got back up there to work it, it was 70-71*..
There was 79.5* at the base of the Baltimore...
The water that was north, pushed hard southwest overnight. Lots of things are changing quickly in our local canyons. I feel optimistic we may see some action in the near future

Overall it wasn't the best trip, but it wasn't the worst trip. We had action at certain points and the weather wasn't too terrible! I hope the guys had a lot of fun, as I did, meeting them was a blast as usual!

Capt Brian
swab1985
swab1985

Number of posts : 251

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/fish-n-chip-sportfishing-h11

Back to top Go down

Fish-n-Chip 19th-20th Offshore report Empty Re: Fish-n-Chip 19th-20th Offshore report

Post  Minivin5 9/22/2009, 8:10 pm

Bet that Marlin had yea puckerin :shock: Nothing beats line peeling off ......
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Fish-n-Chip 19th-20th Offshore report Empty Re: Fish-n-Chip 19th-20th Offshore report

Post  rocstar21 9/22/2009, 9:19 pm

where is the pics??? confused we would love to see some! Fish-n-Chip 19th-20th Offshore report 92223
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  swab1985 9/22/2009, 11:24 pm

We lost the big blue, the nice whaoo and most tuna didnt make it to the boat, The tuna werent really worth taking pics, lil guys maybe 20-30#er's

Mini, It never ceases to amaze how excited I get when A big blue rockets in and eats!!!!!!!
swab1985
swab1985

Number of posts : 251

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/fish-n-chip-sportfishing-h11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 9/23/2009, 12:27 pm

Nice job Swabbie. I wish you guys were just a little closer to me. There is not a tastier fish in the ocean than a Wahoo! I'd love a shot at some of those fillets. (If powder could set the gaff that is.) lol!
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down