Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report

+2
fishpro
swab1985
6 posters

Go down

Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report Empty Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report

Post  swab1985 9/7/2009, 8:54 pm

I had Brian Uldshmidt and friends out for an overnighter this last Sat/Sun.
We all had high hopes from some of the recent reports from friends who had made it out and Barn Sponsors (Pez machine, Canyon runner) who all did OK in the last few weeks.

On top of that we had a killer temp shot, showing a eddy sitting right in the Toms/Lindy area with Blue water extending from the bottom of the Wilmington to the Toms, with 3-5 degree breaks all along the 30-40-50 lines up the shelf.

We had decided to run to an area between the Spencer and Lindy. We picked up a few mahi on the troll inshore, but that was about it. We hit the 300 curve in the Spencer, and had a few whites come in and terrorize the spread, before we hooked one on the shotgun ballyhoo. We eventually lost that fish as it got way way away from us!

We worked that area, out to the 800 curve and back and had another white hooked up, but came unbuttoned also. We had talked to another boat in that general area and he had good reports of a tuna bite on the 300 in between the Wilmington and Spencer, so that's where we setup for the night.

The night was uneventful. It was a beautiful night out to say the least. We snagged some LL gear on a deep sword bait (had me excited for a moment, as I thought we had a sword playing games with us) at one point, then picked up and moved to get away from the gear.

Up on the morning troll we were on the 1,000 line off the Wilmington from our drift down. We trolled into the Wilmington and pulled a few mahi off pots. We had a White go airborne 20 feet off the starboard bow for no apparent reason other than to stretch some muscles! A few moments later we saw a bigger marlin, possibly a big white or smaller blue going absolutely ballistic on the surface, Porpoising, going airborne and tail walking, a few hundred yards away from the boat!

We ended up on the west wall of the Wilmington working the edge up and down. We hooked another white on a squid/chugger chain, we got this one to the boat for a quick picture and a fast release. Trolled inshore looking for a stray tuna, but could not find one!

We ended up going 1 for 7 on whites. We saw two more free jumping.

The water ranged from clean, good blue 77-78* offshore to 74-76* and good blue inshore.

The full moon had a hand in the not so good chunk bite. I think. I still think there is a good chance we may see a fall chunk season, but who knows for sure

What I do know, is that I had a great time this weekend with Brian and his buddies. Even though we couldn't get a tuna bite, we had some great white marlin action and some excitement with a few mahi thrown into the mix. Overall, It was a beautiful weekend to be out, we made some new great friends and it felt good to be on the hunt again!

Capt. Brian
swab1985
swab1985

Number of posts : 251

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/fish-n-chip-sportfishing-h11

Back to top Go down

Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report Empty White marlin action.....

Post  swab1985 9/7/2009, 8:55 pm

Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report Sept5-6th2006Spencer016
swab1985
swab1985

Back to top Go down

Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report Empty Re: Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report

Post  fishpro 9/7/2009, 9:28 pm

Wait a second.......powder looks tan...WTF :shock:
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report Empty Re: Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report

Post  fish factor 9/7/2009, 9:47 pm

nice report guys!!!
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 9/7/2009, 11:25 pm

WHAT HAPPEN TOO POWDER. HE WENT TOO A TANING SALON. Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report 56958 NICE REPORT. SOUNDS LIKE YOU ALL HAD SOME ACTION. NICE FISH WITH PICS.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  swab1985 9/7/2009, 11:46 pm

Thanks guys! Yeah, surprisingly powder does get tan!!!! lol!
swab1985
swab1985

Back to top Go down

Post  echopeus 9/10/2009, 11:30 am

you make me drool every time i see these posts.. i want to go sooo bad... ugh its driving me nuts...

echopeus

Number of posts : 173

http://www.echoind.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swab1985 9/10/2009, 7:38 pm

Jump on one these trips ecopheus!!! You wont be disapointed! Very Happy

Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report CanyonSept5th6th2009253

Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report CanyonSept5th6th2009291

Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report CanyonSept5th6th2009295

Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report CanyonSept5th6th20092872

Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report CanyonSept5th6th2009270

Fish-n-Chip Offshore Sept. 5-6th report CanyonSept5th6th2009147

More pics for yall to enjoy!
swab1985
swab1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Popper 9/20/2009, 12:58 pm

Lol it must have been the spray on tan to get powder that dark. Good to see you guys are doing well.I cant wait to be able to come down again and do some fishing with you guys the hardest part is finding time.
Doc Popper
Doc Popper
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down