Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sbo members please read this

+7
dozer 277
smitty
shoretech
fishincrazy
Oldsalts
Smoke
joesfishinproblem
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

sbo members please read this Empty sbo members please read this

Post  joesfishinproblem 8/14/2009, 4:47 pm

hey guys and girls i am writing this not because i am worried about a few plugs but because its the princpal of it....if you said you were in in the may and june plug pools this meant you were willing to give up one of ur plugs in order to be in the contest....i am sure most of u guys have just forgotten to send the plug out.....please send them out asap we dont want new people coming to this site thinking they are gonna get burned if they enter a contest.....please pm for my adress.....the next post will have a complete list of names...please dont make me look like a jerk.....

thanks jfp
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

sbo members please read this Empty Re: sbo members please read this

Post  Smoke 8/14/2009, 5:18 pm

JFP,said very well..... sbo members please read this 560155 sbo members please read this 560155
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 8/14/2009, 6:36 pm

Well Joe

How long are you giving these guys to respond....???

And then list there names for all to see so no one else gets burned...and possable ban from site..??

Man i hate to have to chase down guys for contests and swaps...

Good luck with this...maybe pm the names to one of the other mods for them to contact the guys and ask what is up...

Oldsalts
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 8/14/2009, 6:47 pm

Oldsalts wrote:Well Joe

And then list there names for all to see so no one else gets burned...and possable ban from site..??

Good luck with this...maybe pm the names to one of the other mods for them to contact the guys and ask what is up...

Oldsalts

Ed,Well since i started the plug pools,i'll pm the members that still own a plug to JFP,also i'll be the bad guy!!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 8/14/2009, 7:18 pm

Smokinjoe wrote:
Oldsalts wrote:Well Joe

Oldsalts

Ed,Well since i started the plug pools,i'll pm the members that still own a plug to JFP,also i'll be the bad guy!!!!

This is the best way to deal with it!!!Joe you do it!!!It won't be bad,probablly alot of em haven't even been on in a while.

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 8/14/2009, 8:09 pm

Hey Smoke

There is no bad guy in this situation ...

It is a great thing the plug pool and i would join in but i don't catch crap....LOL

The guys that owe someone should step up to the plate and send out there obligation and thats is it...???

Maybe in future pools make it very clear in the first thread how it works..... sbo members please read this 870783

You are a good man Smoke thanks for all you do,,,!!!!

Oldsalts
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Back to top Go down

Post  shoretech 8/16/2009, 2:07 am

Everyone, there will be growing pains. I truly feel this situation is one of them. Lets not allow this little problem prevent our website from becoming one of the best websites ever! If you owe Joe plugs then send them to him. If you can't let him know. I am sure he will understand.

Personally, when I entered the the "June Plug Pool" I had visions of winning one plug "sponsored" by SBO. When the contest was won by Joe I was surprised to find a PM from him stating where to send the plug too. Initially thought he was trying to get something for free. After re-reading the June Plug Pool post it was apparent I didn't understand the concept of a plug "pool". Any one who enters is putting up a plug. I sent Joe his plug and from his response he is happy with it. I am glad I have a new friend and will meet him some night at a place we both frequent. The Plug Pool works!

I will admit I am not the brightest bulb in the box and I am not making excuses for others but, there is definitely a problem with the definition of the rules and concept of a plug pool.

In my opinion the monthly Plug Pool should clearly state you are giving away a new plug and the postage to the winner to join the pool. If you win you get to keep the plug as well the others entered in the pool. Seems obvious to me now but at the time I entered I have to admit I didn't understand. That doesn't mean others didn't!

I hope there is no need to collect plugs before a "Plug Pool" contest with this forum. I continue to believe there is no need to do that. This website/forum has the potential to be truly a place that no one fears to join and has the expertise from it's members to answer any question. It is one of the reasons I am trying to contribute. But I still have a lot of questions!

For "Smokinjoe" there is an additional problem which is unclear to me. Do I need to carry the front page of the current days newspaper around to the qualify a fish for the plug pool? I rarely keep my stripers (or purchase newspaper-trash)and won't just to win some plugs. The rules are unclear as to what to do if you are releasing a fish. Will just a "PLUG POOL" card qualify a fish if it is released for the day you post the picture? The following really leaves a lot to interpretation:

"Photo with "plug pool" in it for releases or newspaper for fillet & release Photo must look like this"

Who fillet's & releases?

Is it me? Somebody had to ask. No offense intended just trying to make things clear. I hope some day to meet you!

Let's stop assuming members understand. Sorry guys you really need to spell it out!

Smokingjoe's "Plug Pool" is something that sets this website apart from the others. Lets continue to make it special! Honer your debts!

Hope I helped Joe!
shoretech

shoretech

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post  shoretech 8/16/2009, 2:39 am

Hey Oldsalts and Smokinjoe I don't mean to offend anyone as to who started the "Plug Pool" I definitely feel it should continue as part of SBO! Just with a few "clarifications".

shoretech

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 8/16/2009, 9:11 am

shoretech wrote:Hey Oldsalts and Smokinjoe I don't mean to offend anyone as to who started the "Plug Pool" I definitely feel it should continue as part of SBO! Just with a few "clarifications".

Hey Shore Tech

Absolutely no offence on my part , i am glad someone stepped up to the plate with the questions you have asked ... :help:

I know Smoke will get this handled ASAP with a set of revised rules to make it clear...

What you have said makes sense to me and i am glad you have made SBO your home fishing site....

Anything else i can do or any of the MODS to help anyone please feel free to ask in a PM or just come right out with it..LOL sbo members please read this 870783

Ed (oldsalts)
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 8/16/2009, 9:57 am

Shoreteck,Your right on,i'm going to fix the plug pool post and make it nice and clear.thanks and no harm at all.The fillet & release thing meant,A fish that was fillet was ok to enter,meaning some people will fillet a fish at a fish cleaning station,instead at home,keep the karcus and take photo with tape measure and plug pool sign and newspaper in photo.i know it would'nt look pretty,but hay you have the Karcus of the fish as stated.Also me and oldsalts :help: are going to rewrite the plug pool..To make it alot clear to all members that join in the plug pools.Also sbo members please read this 742713 to SBO glade to have you here,enjoy yourself on this great site.Smokinjoe Very Happy
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 8/16/2009, 10:15 am

Ok here is what oldsalts and i came up with,i feel this is just right now...let us know what you members think. Very Happy
Monthly Plug Pool

Biggest Bass caught from the beach...!!! NO BOATS OR KAYAKS
#1 Have to enter the pool before the first day of that month.
No if's and's or but's ..

#2 Everyone thats enters the pool is putting up a new never fished plug for the winner for that month.
That is new in package or a builders plug....If there is 10 guys in the pool the winner will get 9 plugs
minus there own.....

#3 All who enter must be ready to send there plug out with in 7 days of the end of the month.

#4 You must take a Pictue of your fish with a sign that says PLUG POOL with the date for released fish .
Or a newspaper with the current day on the front for Keepers and a PLUG POOL sign also...

#5 Below is a picture of how your post should look ...

Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 8/16/2009, 10:36 am

that looks good now to me ........i like the fact you can just use a piece of paper with a date as i an most dont get the paper every day.....good work smoke & oldsalts.

on a side note i would like to add if i can that if you should not hold up your end of the deal with the plug you promised to enter you will not be eligible for other plug pools.....

good luck guys cause come the fall run i see this getting huge Very Happy
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 8/17/2009, 12:50 pm

ok now i understand the plug pool jfp i'm very sorry about this i didnt mean to cheat anyone. i have your info and i will be sending out a plug this week. again my mistake. i dont want this to be a problem i have plenty of plugs to spare and for your inconvinience i will send 2 plugs and with my apologies. thanks larry.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 8/17/2009, 2:26 pm

smitty wrote:that looks good now to me ........i like the fact you can just use a piece of paper with a date as i an most dont get the paper every day.....good work smoke & oldsalts.

on a side note i would like to add if i can that if you should not hold up your end of the deal with the plug you promised to enter you will not be eligible for other plug pools.....

good luck guys cause come the fall run i see this getting huge Very Happy
:king: Thanks,i hope to see you participate also... sbo members please read this 870783 :.......:
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 8/17/2009, 2:37 pm

dozer 277 wrote:ok now i understand the plug pool jfp i'm very sorry about this i didnt mean to cheat anyone. i have your info and i will be sending out a plug this week. again my mistake. i dont want this to be a problem i have plenty of plugs to spare and for your inconvinience i will send 2 plugs and with my apologies. thanks larry.
Larry,thanks for understanding,i guess i did'nt make the rules too clear,meaning each member saying i'm in,is giving up a new plug per entry for the plug pool.So if 20 members enter for that month the winner with the big fish,would take the pot of 19 plugs.... 8)

Last edited by Smokinjoe on 8/17/2009, 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 8/17/2009, 2:57 pm

thats ok i got a couple in mind i think he'll like. send em out wed. going out to the tuna grounds tomorrow.

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 8/19/2009, 7:31 pm

plugs went out today. hope you enjoy them. its some of my recent work. please let me know if they dont arrive by saturday and ill check up on them.

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 8/19/2009, 7:35 pm

dozer 277 wrote:thats ok i got a couple in mind i think he'll like. send em out wed. going out to the tuna grounds tomorrow.

sweet i am excited to see them i love plugs that guys i know make thanks again dozer
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Back to top Go down

Post  swab1985 8/19/2009, 9:19 pm

joesfishinproblem wrote:hey guys and girls i am writing this not because i am worried about a few plugs but because its the princpal of it....if you said you were in in the may and june plug pools this meant you were willing to give up one of ur plugs in order to be in the contest....i am sure most of u guys have just forgotten to send the plug out.....please send them out asap we dont want new people coming to this site thinking they are gonna get burned if they enter a contest.....please pm for my adress.....the next post will have a complete list of names...please dont make me look like a jerk.....

thanks jfp

Jerk.................. lol! You will get nothing but a hard time from me! LOL..... Sorry Joe, I had to sbo members please read this 622665
swab1985
swab1985

Number of posts : 251

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/fish-n-chip-sportfishing-h11

Back to top Go down

Post  OCsurfcaster 8/19/2009, 10:11 pm

skuba man up an send the man our plugs! lol
OCsurfcaster
OCsurfcaster

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post  OCsurfcaster 8/19/2009, 10:13 pm

calm down calm down no need to go tattel telling on us, some ppl work 6-7 days a week an forgot..dont worry we will send u a plug. if it was vise versa an i won i doubt id care if i got em or not, its all in fun.
OCsurfcaster
OCsurfcaster

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 8/19/2009, 10:27 pm

OCsurfcaster wrote:calm down calm down no need to go tattel telling on us, some ppl work 6-7 days a week an forgot..dont worry we will send u a plug. if it was vise versa an i won i doubt id care if i got em or not, its all in fun.
No one is tattel telling on anyone,if you said your in the plug pool,stand up and send the winner his plugs,it's that simple......................

Last edited by Smokinjoe on 8/19/2009, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 8/19/2009, 10:39 pm

RULES LOOK REAL CUT AND DRY TOO ME. THEY SEEM TOO BE RIGHT TOO THE POINT. TY ED AND JOE.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 8/19/2009, 10:50 pm

OCsurfcaster wrote:calm down calm down no need to go tattel telling on us, some ppl work 6-7 days a week an forgot..dont worry we will send u a plug. if it was vise versa an i won i doubt id care if i got em or not, its all in fun.

oc thats not cool bro
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 8/20/2009, 10:11 am

joesfishinproblem wrote:

oc thats not cool bro
Joe,i sent him a pm,But i guess he wanted to respond here on the board..Which is ok with me..
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next