Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saw this,Please read-------

3 posters

Go down

Saw this,Please read------- Empty Saw this,Please read-------

Post  fishincrazy 3/24/2009, 12:14 pm

MPA's Marine protected areas???? Apparentlly these areas exist all over our contry.Even where some of us fish. Check em out.

What is a Marine Protected Area?
Some people interpret marine protected areas to mean areas closed to all human activities. Others interpret them as special areas set aside for recreation and commercial use, much like national parks. In reality, “marine protected area” is a term that encompasses a variety of conservation and management methods in the United States.
The official federal definition of an MPA is: “any area of the marine environment that has been reserved by federal, state, tribal, territorial, or local laws or regulations to provide lasting protection for part or all of the natural and cultural resources therein.” -- Executive Order 13158 (May 2000)
In practice, MPAs are defined areas where natural and/or cultural resources are given greater protection than the surrounding waters. In the U.S., MPAs span a range of habitats including the open ocean, coastal areas, inter-tidal zones, estuaries, and the Great Lakes. They also vary widely in purpose, legal authorities, agencies, management approaches, level of protection, and restrictions on human uses.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Saw this,Please read------- Empty Re: Saw this,Please read-------

Post  Kevnmary 3/24/2009, 12:28 pm

Where is this?

Jacques Cousteau National Estuarine Research Reserve
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 3/24/2009, 12:29 pm

Answered my own question...

The Jacques Cousteau National Estuarine Research Reserve, at the Mullica River and the Great Bay, is the only reserve in the system to be named after an individual. It’s also the only reserve in the system to expand its boundaries seaward to the Atlantic Ocean.

The Jacques Cousteau Reserve encompasses over 114,000 acres in southeastern New Jersey, including a great variety of terrestrial, wetland and aquatic habitats within the Mullica River-Great Bay ecosystem.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Finaddict 3/25/2009, 10:57 pm

FC,
Thanks for posting on your site. If I saw it I wouldn't have double posted info. Embarassed
Finaddict
Finaddict

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 3/26/2009, 1:56 am

Finaddict wrote:FC,
Thanks for posting on your site. If I saw it I wouldn't have double posted info. Embarassed

No Worries mate!!!!! If you see something here you don't like tell me!!! I got a little pull here!!! Plus you got some killer words Bro!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
We need to get these different boards together to protect our fishery!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down