Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spearfishing report, Stone harbor/avalon/SIC/OC

5 posters

Go down

Spearfishing report, Stone harbor/avalon/SIC/OC Empty Spearfishing report, Stone harbor/avalon/SIC/OC

Post  AKScuba 8/3/2009, 9:32 pm

Dove everywhere I could this weekend, had a blast. Sunday I Saw some big fluke way behind OC under a bridge, didnt shoot any though. Dove in the bay by the tuckahoe inn, grabbed a few blueclaws from the grass and pilings and a few greenies for tog bait. Today I started my dive day in stone harbor in the bay. I can happily report that I found a very healthy population of juvenile weakfish in a very remote area, from 4-7 inches long. Had to have been at least 50 of them if not more in an area safe from being caught, thats all Ill say. I wish Id had my camera for that. Dove the pilings of a bridge, saw a big fluke tail in the haze and got my gun up, only to find the safety was on Also saw some small sheepshead and porgies swimming about.

Drove to Avalon/SIC, townson's Inlet. Dove under the bridge and along the rocks on the Avalon side, lots of smaller tog and found one monster blueclaw. moved to the SIC side, dove the bridge pilings... lots of tog n smaller cunners. Headed for the jetty and had a rough time getting out there but once I was out there, Id wished Id started there. TOG EVERYWHERE up to 18" long by my estimates. Viz made it difficult for me to line up a shot. Missed a good one that was under a rock. Accidentally laid down on a fluke that was sitting on top of a rock on the jetty, scared the hell outta me and him, he was a really good size fish too. Turned around to find a wall of schoolie stripers staring at me which was hilarious. Called it a day after that.
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Spearfishing report, Stone harbor/avalon/SIC/OC Empty Re: Spearfishing report, Stone harbor/avalon/SIC/OC

Post  smitty 8/3/2009, 10:24 pm

awesome .......
man i was seeing threw your post as if it was me in the water lol cool post thanks bro.... Very Happy
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Spearfishing report, Stone harbor/avalon/SIC/OC Empty Re: Spearfishing report, Stone harbor/avalon/SIC/OC

Post  joesfishinproblem 8/3/2009, 10:59 pm

can i come next time u go bee och
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 8/3/2009, 11:33 pm

joesfishinproblem wrote:can i come next time u go bee och

yea dude no prob. I got a pole spear you can use if you want to try spearfishing.

And smitty, I promise pictures soon... Very soon.... SBO will have its own diving fisherman Spearfishing report, Stone harbor/avalon/SIC/OC 962367
AKScuba
AKScuba

Back to top Go down

Post  Lbifisherman429 8/4/2009, 11:35 am

Great Report!

Lbifisherman429
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 391

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 8/4/2009, 11:54 am

AKScuba wrote:
joesfishinproblem wrote:can i come next time u go bee och

yea dude no prob. I got a pole spear you can use if you want to try spearfishing.

And smitty, I promise pictures soon... Very soon.... SBO will have its own diving fisherman Spearfishing report, Stone harbor/avalon/SIC/OC 962367

i have a sling too
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 8/4/2009, 7:21 pm

you have a banana hammock. nice report scuba .
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 8/4/2009, 9:23 pm

rebelmusicnp wrote:you have a banana hammock. nice report scuba .
lol!
AKScuba
AKScuba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down