Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide help

4 posters

Go down

Guide help Empty Guide help

Post  Rlyman1 8/3/2009, 5:46 pm

Hey guys I'm looking at having a custom built for the surf, I'm looking at a Lami GSB136-1MH which is part of the G1000 surf series. It's a 11-6 rod that can throw 6-16oz. basically what I need help with is the guides and reel seat any one have any suggestions? thanks for the help
Rlyman1
Rlyman1

Number of posts : 161

Back to top Go down

Guide help Empty Re: Guide help

Post  redhawk19 8/10/2009, 5:52 pm

You can use a Fuji DPSM24 reel seat. If you put it on upside down you will lockdown on the reel. You will also notice you don't have a peice of the reel seat to interfere with your hand. As for guides, I use:
BNLG25, BNLG20H, BNLG16H, BNLG12H and (5)BNLG10H's. I usually use a BULT12-18 tip. The tip on that blank is a 17 so you will probably have to wrap thread underneath....

Good luck
Lou

redhawk19

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 8/11/2009, 12:33 am

i HAVE Tried titainium wire framed guides with no inserts made by pacbay
these guides are light and look nice but are a lil pricey and great for braid :.............. :..............
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  mike garone 8/18/2009, 4:40 pm

A lot depends on if you are going use braid or mono and spinning or conventional or want to do dual purpose.

It also depends on your budget.

Are you building the rod yourself or having a rod builder do it for you. If you are having a rodbuilder wrap it they should know what to put on it.

Anyway here is what I would suggest.

Spinning with braid or conventional with braid use fuji lowriders. They have different rings as well as different frames. Alconite frame with stainless guides will work but you can also get them with SIC rings and if you have the coin to drop you can get them in titanium frame with SIC ring these will not rust on you.

If you are going spinning with mono I would go with Fuji MN frame guides. These can also be used for conventional.

Another option for conventional would be the new Amtak titanium virtus guides. they are very light, corrosion resistant and not as expensive as the fuji titanium guides.
mike garone
mike garone

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down