Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG SLUMP

+3
TheWogg
Smoke
whitey
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BIG SLUMP Empty BIG SLUMP

Post  whitey 5/27/2009, 4:10 pm

ok i been fishing the ct river for shad due to the run and stripers because there chasing the shad .. now when i started i new it was early in the season .. now im watchin shad after shad swim by ... nothing ... switch for stripers and nothing ... put a 3/4 once sand eel lookin rig and a punkinseed the same size as the lure hit and spits the thing right at my feet .. punkinseed ... i make tail hooks im not saying im the best but there nicer then the stuff that comes on lures i have purchaced ... i give a bucktail/jig to wogg he catches ... striperted/riverted i give him hodini shad he catches ... i think the fish god is messin with me lol!

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

BIG SLUMP Empty Re: BIG SLUMP

Post  Smoke 5/27/2009, 4:24 pm

Bro,Glade to see you out an about. BIG SLUMP 962367 BIG SLUMP 962367
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 5/27/2009, 4:27 pm

i forgot i even have a new to me sweet 704 ... lol!

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWogg 5/27/2009, 9:50 pm

Not to worry Whitey,your due!just hold n keep at it n you'll hook a monster that will eat ours for breakfast !
don't give up now,the fish gods are just testing your resolve.
the river has always been a challenge for me,the five years ive been fishing it ive only got two keepers so far.
Now you know why i love the ocean,not as difficult to find them.
ask StrperTed to take you for a boat ride,it definitely improve your odds. :idea:
BIG SLUMP 962367
TheWogg
TheWogg

Number of posts : 423

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 5/27/2009, 10:40 pm

NNNNOOOOO me and paulie WOGG .. give it the handy man approch ... we might be effed up but would never surrender....

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  STRIPERTED 5/27/2009, 11:06 pm

theres no fish in the CT river lol! lol!

STRIPERTED

Number of posts : 722

Back to top Go down

Post  STRIPERTED 5/27/2009, 11:09 pm

TheWogg wrote:Not to worry Whitey,your due!just hold n keep at it n you'll hook a monster that will eat ours for breakfast !
don't give up now,the fish gods are just testing your resolve.
the river has always been a challenge for me,the five years ive been fishing it ive only got two keepers so far.
Now you know why i love the ocean,not as difficult to find them.
ask StrperTed to take you for a boat ride,it definitely improve your odds. :idea:
BIG SLUMP 962367
only two keepers BIG SLUMP 177925 one 36 in and the other was 42 in the wogg fishes for quality not quantity BIG SLUMP 622665

STRIPERTED

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 6/2/2009, 4:24 pm

wogg and i were killing em today ... those little nasty nats were everywhere lol! i even went to the your not suppose to fish there zone and nothing.... i think i have some sort of field that builds up when i fish ... tytainium in my neck, pole ,braided line with metal or lead on the other end ...i think its like a fish warning area ... my lure must look like a light bulb down there.... :idea:

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWogg 6/2/2009, 5:44 pm

Whitey,Ted just called me and told me they have been pulling keepers every morning at first light. confused
I find it hard to believe but he saw for himself that it is true .:suspect:
I may try again early Thursday morning,but if i get P.Ued then its off to the salt ponds for this wogg. :roll:
TheWogg
TheWogg

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 6/2/2009, 5:55 pm

May the fish gods release your foul smelling skunky cloud that has kept you from your eternal Striper, go now my brother and catch thy Keeper Striper. cheers
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 6/2/2009, 7:46 pm

thank you pastor mini.... im off to the doctors in newton thursday ... look out for mom and the baby ducks.... i showed u the guard zone from the bridge .. bring your small rod and a pocket full of plastic LOL BIG SLUMP 962367 thats were they will be ... you want to borrow my new bait knife
were you still there when the guy walkin with the canoe came back to the lot ...i told him there is a trail ... never thought how steep it is walkin with a canoe... then again he didnt have a truck either lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
you guys had to be there me and wogg were pissin ourselfs ... its not every day you see a guy walk by carring a canoe down main street in south hadley mass... and i say hey they make trucks as im sitting in mine and it doesnt dawn on us this guy is lookin for the river we were just fishing in ..... he had another 1/2 mile to the boat launch so i zipped up to tell him were the trail was that would save him all of 3/4 mile carring a canoe ... lol! lol!

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Popper 6/2/2009, 8:00 pm

Hey Whitey what section of the Ct river are you fishing?
Doc Popper
Doc Popper
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post  STRIPERTED 6/2/2009, 10:05 pm

whitey wrote:wogg and i were killing em today ... those little nasty nats were everywhere lol! i even went to the your not suppose to fish there zone and nothing.... i think i have some sort of field that builds up when i fish ... tytainium in my neck, pole ,braided line with metal or lead on the other end ...i think its like a fish warning area ... my lure must look like a light bulb down there.... :idea:

TheWogg wrote:Whitey,Ted just called me and told me they have been pulling keepers every morning at first light. confused
I find it hard to believe but he saw for himself that it is true .:suspect:
I may try again early Thursday morning,but if i get P.Ued then its off to the salt ponds for this wogg. :roll:

early am & yozuri crystal minnows I ve been out the last three mornings I havent caught but ive seen fish taken across the way confused

STRIPERTED

Back to top Go down

Post  STRIPERTED 6/2/2009, 10:06 pm

Doc Popper wrote:Hey Whitey what section of the Ct river are you fishing?
all of it :lol!:but mostly hartford to holyoke

STRIPERTED

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWogg 6/2/2009, 11:32 pm

whitey wrote:thank you pastor mini.... im off to the doctors in newton thursday ... look out for mom and the baby ducks.... i showed u the guard zone from the bridge .. bring your small rod and a pocket full of plastic LOL BIG SLUMP 962367 thats were they will be ... you want to borrow my new bait knife
were you still there when the guy walkin with the canoe came back to the lot ...i told him there is a trail ... never thought how steep it is walkin with a canoe... then again he didnt have a truck either lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
you guys had to be there me and wogg were pissin ourselfs ... its not every day you see a guy walk by carring a canoe down main street in south hadley mass... and i say hey they make trucks as im sitting in mine and it doesnt dawn on us this guy is lookin for the river we were just fishing in ..... he had another 1/2 mile to the boat launch so i zipped up to tell him were the trail was that would save him all of 3/4 mile carring a canoe ... lol! lol!
ya,That nice looking girl came back and i showed her the easy access to the river so they could put in,we took a little hike together.Can you believe they started their trip in Canada and canoed all the way to the ocean,it was their fist trip down the Connecticut river.Must of been beautiful up until they got to Holyjoke.What an adventure.
can you go friday,ill bring my Chrystal minnows. :idea:
TheWogg
TheWogg

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 6/3/2009, 7:55 am

maybe for a little bit my honey do list is groing my daughter is graduating sunday ... i have to figure out how many cans of beer 50 people will drink .. thats only one of the things though lol!

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

BIG SLUMP Empty REPORT < REPORT >

Post  whitey 6/3/2009, 11:33 am

just opened my phone 1 mess. striperted 2 from another fishing buddy ... WOGG the area the people with the canoe were headed 38 inch 22 pounder at night ... he called at 11.30 pm ... wardens were there busted someone in a boat with 3 shorts ..
the fish must have been caught around dark or he was shoulder to shoulder last night ..
OFFFFF course my daughters prom is tonight and were having my parents over .... BIG SLUMP 177925

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 6/3/2009, 2:38 pm

the wardens told them if the fish swim away they will let them go with a ticket... the fish were dead and one of the guys started mouthing off ... the warden took everything they used ... boat and trailer , fishing gear .. not sure if they took there truck ... my buddy couldnt get the plate but they were from out of state

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  islander 6/3/2009, 5:24 pm

Whitey ask RHM for his sonar blocking magic for his plugs... lmfao... I almost choked the other night at the coffee stop when RHM told me bass have sonar in there lateral line.... he looked serious too... lol I truly hope he was messing with me...
islander
islander

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

BIG SLUMP Empty Dont choke on valuable information!!!

Post  Minivin5 6/3/2009, 7:15 pm

What RHM said was true to a point, not so much sonar but damn near close, check out this interesting read below

LATERAL LINE SYSTEM

The lateral line system, found in many fishes and in some aquatic amphibians, is sensitive to differences in water pressure. These differences may be due to changes in depth or to the currentlike waves caused by approaching objects. The basic sensory unit of the lateral line system is the neuromast, which is a bundle of sensory and supporting cells whose projecting hairs are encased in a gelatinous cap. The nueromasts continuously send out trains of nerve impulses. When pressure waves cause the gelatinous caps of the neuromasts to move, bending the enclosed hairs, the frequency of the nerve impulses is either increased or decreased, depending on the direction of bending.

Neuromasts may occur singly, in small groups called pit organs, or in rows within grooves or canals, when they are referred to as the lateral line system. The lateral line system runs along the sides of the body onto the head, where it divides into three branches, two to the snout and one to the lower jaw.

A swimming fish sets up a pressure wave in the water that is detectable by the lateral line systems of other fishes. It also sets up a bow wave in front of itself, the pressure of which is higher than that of the wave flow along its sides. These near-field differences are registered by its own lateral line system. As the fish approaches an object, such as a rock or the glass wall of an aquarium, the pressure waves around its body are distorted, and these changes are quickly detected by the lateral line system, enabling the fish to swerve or to take other suitable action. Because sound waves are waves of pressure, the lateral line system is also able to detect very low-frequency sounds of 100 Hz or less.

An interesting adaptation of the pressure-sensitive systems is seen in the modified groups of neuromasts called the ampullae of Lorenzini, which are found in sharks and certain bony fishes. The ampullae of Lorenzini act as electroreceptors and are able to detect electrical charges, or fields, in the water. Most animals, including humans, emit a DC field when in seawater. This is presumably caused by electrical potential differences between body fluids and seawater and between different parts of the body. An AC field is also set up by muscular activity (contractions). A wound, even a scratch, can markedly alter these electrical fields. The cat shark, Scyliorhinus, is known to catch prey by using its ampullae of Lorenzini to detect the electrical field generated by flatfish (plaice) buried beneath the sand. :study:
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  islander 6/3/2009, 7:37 pm

I understand more what he was gettin at vin... But the context it was put in was way off.. it was all in a discussion bout tieing direct and why... the sonar thing is off then pressure sensing system... pressure drop and rise explains why when a storm is about to hit and the bottom of a barometer falls out you hook fish non stop and its usually not the little guys.... any how I was just bustin mikes *** Very Happy
islander
islander

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWogg 6/4/2009, 9:08 am

Tying direct is better for pencils n needles,but metal lip swimmers do better when clipped with snap.its all about the action,trust me if they are hungry all they see is an easy meal. BIG SLUMP 962367
TheWogg
TheWogg

Back to top Go down

Post  islander 6/4/2009, 10:10 am

my whole thing is were i fish 30 pound fireline... I do not tie direct I use a hybrid floro/ mono or mono leader with a snap... And i catch fish... Lmao we all are stuck in our ways. asking a fisherman to change the way he fishes is like asking a dog to be a cat... lol We as fisherman do what we do what we know to do and we dont change.. lol.. And yes even with pencils and poppers and needles i still use a snap... the action with my spin does not change tied direct or snap... I can almost have the pencil doing circles in the water... Mike has seen that first hand as have others... no that i throw conventional i am waitng to have time to master the pencil again lol
islander
islander

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWogg 6/4/2009, 1:26 pm

Bottom line is a hungry fish don't care what the hell you use,it's lookn to fill its belly.better to be flexible,i'm not really stuck in my ways,always willing to try something new,what ever works,works. lol! BIG SLUMP 962367 cheers
TheWogg
TheWogg

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 6/4/2009, 2:59 pm

i use snaps and a barrell swivel ....all i know is metal in my neck and metal on the other end of the line isnt workin ... i have to blam it on something ... im tring rubber gloves next :idea: lol!

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum