Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

first trip out

4 posters

Go down

first trip out Empty first trip out

Post  dozer 277 5/4/2009, 8:38 am

since the reports sticky seems sparse i figured i would post my own topic. went out saturday for the first trip on the boat. broke the manasquan inlet around 3;00 in the afternoon. weather was clearing up and just had a swell that wasnt bad at all. did some searching and found tons of life. bait everywhere. birds diving and really good marks on the fishfinder. at one point the finder showed bait from 20 to 35 ft and solid. we tried jigging first and couldnt get a touch. switched to stretches and that didnt work either. finally broke out the wire, we had to put it out anyway to get it straightened out and make sure it was ok. well that seemed to be the ticket. lost the first 2 they came unbuttoned pretty quick then i let the captain take the rod since i was 0 for 2 and was getting some serious ribbing. well next one came over the side was a nice 35 incher. then my turn and another one about the same size. it was getting late so we headed to the barn with 2 for dinner. when we cleaned them they had nothing in their stomachs. water temp was cold about 48 degrees and seemed to be consistent in about 35 ft of water. all in all great first trip and beautiful nite on the water. cant wait for the next one.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

first trip out Empty BIG RED LETTERS!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 5/4/2009, 8:52 am

GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

cheers FC cheers

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

first trip out Empty Re: first trip out

Post  Kevnmary 5/4/2009, 11:21 am

Dozer did you turn right or left?
My boat's getting splashed this week, can't wait.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 5/4/2009, 2:13 pm

Sorry should have mentioned we turned right. the amount of bait on the screen was amazing for this early in the season. it was constant up the beach. also seemed the fish got active later around 5 or 5;30 in the afternoon.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 5/8/2009, 8:02 am

Find the bait and the fish will be there,good deal.. :)
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down