Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sabalos Reel

5 posters

Go down

Sabalos Reel Empty Sabalos Reel

Post  fishincrazy 4/12/2009, 3:37 pm

Anybody ever use this reel??????? It's a Sabalos?????

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dunk it, drag it or drown it, just rinse it off with fresh water when you're done and the Sabalos will be ready to fish again the next day. The lightweight aluminum body and the components of the Sabalos are totally impervious to saltwater, so you never have to worry about corrosion. The 9+1 ball bearing system with infinite anti-reverse won't let you down, no matter how hard you fish. The smooth front drag system uses dual discs and loves to be tested by big fish in harsh conditions. Thick power bail, long-life bail spring and anti-twist line roller. One-year warranty.

This is what they claim it can do!!!!!For only $99.00 at Cabelas.
Post up let me know what you think!!!!!!!!!!

:scratch: FC :scratch:

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Sabalos Reel Empty Re: Sabalos Reel

Post  AKScuba 4/12/2009, 3:46 pm

Hmm....

I may pick one up in a few weeks and give it a test run.
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  MV Bluefish 4/12/2009, 4:37 pm

Don't believe the hype.
This Saltiga impersonator is all show and no go. Tried it last fall and not only should it not be referenced as a waterproof reel but I don't think it is even worthy of salt water . The Shimano stradic 2000 I use in fresh water has a far superior drag over this junker. Pot metal parts, no seals, and a truly anemic drag make this an overpriced fresh water real trying to fool saltwater fisherman with false claims and Saltiga like looks. Do yourself a favor pass on this one. Thank god for Cabela's liberal return policy, back she went :roll: .
MV Bluefish
MV Bluefish

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 4/12/2009, 7:35 pm

MV Bluefish wrote:Don't believe the hype.
This Saltiga impersonator is all show and no go. Tried it last fall and not only should it not be referenced as a waterproof reel but I don't think it is even worthy of salt water . The Shimano stradic 2000 I use in fresh water has a far superior drag over this junker. Pot metal parts, no seals, and a truly anemic drag make this an overpriced fresh water real trying to fool saltwater fisherman with false claims and Saltiga like looks. Do yourself a favor pass on this one. Thank god for Cabela's liberal return policy, back she went :roll: .

GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinkin bout5 gettin one for a BU but I'd prefer something with a better rep!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/13/2009, 12:44 am

Thanks for the heads up. MV
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 4/13/2009, 4:40 pm

Jim,what does the 1 year warranty cover??looks good,but i'll stay with my penns... :twisted: :twisted:
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down