Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kayak Stands

Go down

Kayak Stands Empty Kayak Stands

Post  126andy 4/11/2009, 12:21 am

Kayak Slings
There are lots of good reasons to keep kayaks off the ground such as keeping rodents and spiders from nesting in them, speeding the washing and drying process, raising them to a working height that's easy on your back, and expanding available storage space by opening the area beneath the boat. This little trick is a lightweight solution to the problem, and can be scaled to whatever height and width needed.
I used 1 1/4 PVC It just keeps my kayak off the ground. The units shown here are made from the following components
4 PVC vertical members, 24" long
4 PVC horizontal members, 13" long
8 PVC 90° elbows
PVC cement (optional but recommended)
2 pivot bolts, 3" long 1/4-20 with lock nuts (either 2 regulars jammed, or one nylock).
1/4" washers between the tubes (optional; it's good form but not really necessary)
2" fiberglass webbing for lawnchairs (can be purchased at hardware stores cheap.)
I tried this with 3/4" PVC but it was too light and flexy thats why I'm using a heavier PVC. You should be able to see from the pic how it's put together, very simple construction. I used screws and flat washers to attach the webbing to the PVC.
Kayak Stands Kayakstands
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Kayak Stands Empty Re: Kayak Stands

Post  126andy 4/11/2009, 3:56 pm

It was a looong winter Very Happy
126andy