Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mounting a Fishfinder with pics

2 posters

Go down

Mounting a Fishfinder with pics Empty Mounting a Fishfinder with pics

Post  126andy 4/8/2009, 10:23 pm

Here are some pictures of the installation for a fishfinder in my Tarpon 120. Everything is in the front hatch.I have a Piranha Max H2o fishfinder. Up front I siliconed a box to the hull for the battery and fuse. I used a 6volt battery because you don't really need a 12 volt and this one was cheap (about 19.00) for the transducer Iused a blob of Lexel silicone purchased at Ace hardware (this is the clearest stuff I have ever seen even in the tube) Just put a blob down where you want to mount the transducer and push the transducer into it firmly and let dry there shouldn't be any air bubbles under it. I ran my power wires and transducer wire up through the mount in front of me and mounterd the fishfinder. I put lots of pics here so you can hopefully see what was done for when you're doing yours. Hope there aren't too many pictures if there are a mod can delete some for room if they need it.
Mounting a Fishfinder with pics Battery3
Mounting a Fishfinder with pics BatteryBoxinstalledinBow1
Mounting a Fishfinder with pics BatteryBoxOpen2
Mounting a Fishfinder with pics Transducerinstalled1
Mounting a Fishfinder with pics Transducermounted
Mounting a Fishfinder with pics FFHookup1
Mounting a Fishfinder with pics FFMountedBack1
Mounting a Fishfinder with pics FFinstalledfront
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Mounting a Fishfinder with pics Empty Re: Mounting a Fishfinder with pics

Post  Rick..stillcasting 4/9/2009, 9:20 am

never enough pictures! nice work. I'm redoing my transducer and battery stabilizer, I tried using velccro tape for stabiling the battery but after several outings it just doesn't stick anymore to the hull. I also tried putting the transducer in foam glued to hull and inserting transducer in vasiline and that works but messy and its' a redo everytime I go out. I'm going to get that Lexel silicone and take your advice to the test. Thankyou for posting and giving me what appears to be the "way to go".
I also put a little anti-corrosive gel on all my connections and haven't seen any problems. On the water tight battery box where my wires exit I sealed the exit wire holes w/ silicone. I use the Eagle Cuda 250 on my hobie outback.
Thanx again and good luck making your luck this season.

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down