Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Vin????April in FL

3 posters

Go down

Hey Vin????April in FL Empty Hey Vin????April in FL

Post  Kevnmary 4/5/2009, 12:38 pm

Hey Vin
My neighbor is coming down to FL this week and wants to fish. He'll be on the East Coast in the West Palm area. I was going to tell him to fish the inlets for snook. I was going to give him this month's Saltwater Sportsman which has all the details on the inlets. I also wanted to give him a plug or two to try out. What are your recommendations for fishing artificials for snook. Obviously I'm not going to give him anything too pricey but what type of plugs are good for snook or other fish in April?
Thanks
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Hey Vin????April in FL Empty Re: Hey Vin????April in FL

Post  Minivin5 4/5/2009, 8:20 pm

Kevnmary wrote:Hey Vin
My neighbor is coming down to FL this week and wants to fish. He'll be on the East Coast in the West Palm area. I was going to tell him to fish the inlets for snook. I was going to give him this month's Saltwater Sportsman which has all the details on the inlets. I also wanted to give him a plug or two to try out. What are your recommendations for fishing artificials for snook. Obviously I'm not going to give him anything too pricey but what type of plugs are good for snook or other fish in April?
Thanks

I have had great success with a 4" Jr style plug that I make
Hey Vin????April in FL DSC01662

This color combo works well too on my coast. As always Red Head is a fish slaying color too. Remember to also tell your friend that the hook up ratio is x6 during the evening and night fishing compared to day time. Snook are ambush predator fish, when fishing in an inlet or pass I find it best fishing the last hour of out going and the first hour of incoming.
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 4/6/2009, 6:21 pm

i use glup shrimp the 3 and 4 inch copper color and a 1/2 oz jig head and catch a lot of them
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down