Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hey gals and guys I need some serious advice, pleaseee

+9
surffishn
REDBASS
STRIPER SWIPER
Oldsalts
soot
fishincrazy
Kevnmary
AKScuba
jfv1
13 posters

Go down

hey gals and guys I need some serious advice, pleaseee Empty hey gals and guys I need some serious advice, pleaseee

Post  jfv1 4/3/2009, 12:44 pm

So here is the scenario. lets cut the shit and get to real deal, my neighbor has been dumping used motor oil along with other things about 4 feet from my property line :evil: what would you do? I'm angry as hell, consedering that my dog came in the house covered in it. I have 2 kids that play around the area. it is plain and simple foul. I hate being the asshole that i am and have to call enforcement about it but i'm all out of options. need help, advise, something........ confused
jfv1
jfv1

Number of posts : 74

Back to top Go down

hey gals and guys I need some serious advice, pleaseee Empty Re: hey gals and guys I need some serious advice, pleaseee

Post  AKScuba 4/3/2009, 12:48 pm

Call up the township and report illegal dumping...... Thats not healthy for your kids or dog...
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

hey gals and guys I need some serious advice, pleaseee Empty Re: hey gals and guys I need some serious advice, pleaseee

Post  jfv1 4/3/2009, 12:57 pm

keep it coming, thanks ak
jfv1
jfv1

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/3/2009, 1:00 pm

That could potentially cost him 10's if not 100's of thousands of dollars. Contaminating the ground and potentially groundwater is hugely serious. Believe me. We have an inground oil tank and the amount of money we spend just on tank insurance is unbelievable. We are covered for $500,000 and in many cases that is not even enough. That guy needs to be reported. Call your county Health Department.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/3/2009, 1:02 pm

I really hope you or anyone else in your neighborhood doesn't rely on well water. If he contaminates anyone's well he will be liable for that as well (no pun intended)
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  jfv1 4/3/2009, 1:07 pm

Kev, i just got done telling my wife the same thing. thank god we have city water, i'm not the tree hugging kind of guy, but like i said before is just foul and f-up
jfv1
jfv1

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 4/3/2009, 1:11 pm

This is a serious problem.Depending on what he was dumping,if it's motor oil,old gas and such the EPA are the folks who'll nail his nuts to a post.Calling the township while seeming like a good idea might not be.Do you know this person and are you on speaking terms????Doi you know if this person is chummy with any township people????I would find this out first!!!!If you can.In the event he's chummy with township folks call the EPA,their in the blue pages.Now final and important question is this a constant occurance or is it just every couple of months????The amount he's dumping will have a bearing on what the powers that be do.Finally take pictures of everything you can leaglly take pictures of.Don't go on the neighbors property!!!
Good luck let us know how you make out.

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jfv1 4/3/2009, 1:21 pm

bro, i spoke to the EPA this morning, the gentelman said that i have to be 100% correct, if i am they will hang him. i have seen his teenage kids on occasion dump oil out after working on their cars. they have 3 cars one bike and they do all the work on them themselfs, so 3 cars every 3,000 miles or so along with his bike who knowes how much shit is back there. i will start taking pictures today, its pretty thick you can see (smell) the sheen on the groung on top of the leaves now that is raining. thanks for your help fishincrazy
jfv1
jfv1

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 4/3/2009, 1:24 pm

jfv1 wrote:bro, i spoke to the EPA this morning, the gentelman said that i have to be 100% correct, if i am they will hang him. i have seen his teenage kids on occasion dump oil out after working on their cars. they have 3 cars one bike and they do all the work on them themselfs, so 3 cars every 3,000 miles or so along with his bike who knowes how much shit is back there. i will start taking pictures today, its pretty thick you can see (smell) the sheen on the groung on top of the leaves now that is raining. thanks for your help fishincrazy

I've delt with this B4 I'm in the landscape buisness and have seen much illegal dumping.Pictures are gold!!!!
Let us know how you make out!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jfv1 4/3/2009, 1:25 pm

most defently, thanks again
jfv1
jfv1

Back to top Go down

Post  soot 4/3/2009, 10:44 pm

Go to Pennsylvania and get pellets for your pellet gun.
soot
soot
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post  jfv1 4/3/2009, 10:55 pm

cheers cheers how about just staying in penn, yo dan u gonna sleep 2nite, or stay up like the first trip to Disney
jfv1
jfv1

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 4/4/2009, 10:19 am

just one more thing to think about ....what happens if you want or need to sell your place and they check the ground for contaminants and they find some runoff ..???

Man this could be a real pain in the ass for sure...

Just my 2 cents worth
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  STRIPER SWIPER 4/4/2009, 1:43 pm

Oldsalts wrote:just one more thing to think about ....what happens if you want or need to sell your place and they check the ground for contaminants and they find some runoff ..???

Man this could be a real pain in the ass for sure...

Just my 2 cents worth
all the more reason to report it.
STRIPER SWIPER
STRIPER SWIPER

Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 4/4/2009, 4:27 pm

REPORT IT.HOPE THEY HANG HIM FROM A BIG TREE. YOU NEED TOO GET YOUR GROUND TESTED. FOR RUN OFF. IF THERE IS HE WILL HAVE TOO PAY FOR CLEAN UP. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishn 4/4/2009, 7:41 pm

I would talk to him about it fisrt.Explain that you dog got covered in it.Also there are places that collect used oil.Perhaps he needs a 25 gal.drum to put the oil in.Then take it to a place that collects it.These neighbors must be some real hoops.Good luck.Just turning them in will only cause hard feelings.That would be my last resort.

surffishn
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post  fishnh 4/4/2009, 8:29 pm

There is really only one right answer to your question and that is report the A hole. he knows what he is doing is wrong.
fishnh
fishnh

Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 4/4/2009, 9:20 pm

kick his ass seabass
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 4/4/2009, 11:03 pm

CALL THE FIRE DEPT and tell them then they call the dep trust me.. i had a problem and they didnt want to here about it .. call fire dept and they investigate and they have to report it to dep ... DO IT

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  126andy 4/9/2009, 12:37 am

An accidental spill is one thing but to just go and dump crap into the ground knowingly is just wrong. That stuff never goes away and eventually it will seep down into the water table. I'm sure if you saw someone dumping their drain oil into the ocean where you were fishing that you would be reporting it so why not report it when their basically dumping it in your back yard where it could affect your family? The world is starting to turn into a dumping ground where no one or very few care anymore. Do this for your kids and their kids in the future.
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down