Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sneaking around during the New Moon

2 posters

Go down

Sneaking around during the New Moon Empty Sneaking around during the New Moon

Post  CaptFrank 10/17/2012, 2:07 am

Hit some favorite spots tonight. Fished the last hour of the incoming and then the outgoing tide. Lots of Spearing around. First stop I saw a lot of good sized Stripers, definitely keepers, all hanging deep in the shadows. I got a few tugs, but could not hook one to save my life. Frustrating! Next stop had all small Bass and Blues on it. Tail tuggers. Third stop seemed fishy. Had a nice Flounder follow my jig combo up from the depths, but turned away. That was it for spot 3. Next two stops were dead. Things were starting to look bad! Next locale was fishy, but just Blues tugging at the worms. Next area was loaded with Herring. So I busted out one of my home made Sabiki's and a store bought one. Caught one on each. But to be honest, the store bought one got more hits. Gotta tweek my design and go with white flash. Anyway...made one last stop. Determined to catch a decent fish. When I got there, two guys were leaving, said they'd only managed a dinky Blue. One other guy was hanging out and said he hadn't done anything. So, I gave it a shot in my favorite spot. Sure enough I enticed a nice fat 25" Striper to eat my Berkley Jerk Shad (sorry BKD). Landed it, measured and kissed it, then turned him loose to grow some more. Called it a night.
Back at in on the beach in the morning...

Tight Lines!
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Sneaking around during the New Moon Empty Re: Sneaking around during the New Moon

Post  CaptFrank 10/17/2012, 1:52 pm

Took a ride onto the beach in Stone harbor this morning with Gunnar(dog). It was flood high incoming tide and the surf was big and clean. I should've brought a surfboard...
I tossed out one rod with Herring chunks from last night. Never got a touch. Tried twice, nada. Enjoyed the wave show and Dolphin show and called it a day. Did hear of Bass being caught, but still spotty yet. Should bust open soon though!

Tight Lines!
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Sneaking around during the New Moon Empty Re: Sneaking around during the New Moon

Post  handyman 10/17/2012, 7:42 pm

all sounds good capt frank....nice report

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down