Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Report

4 posters

Go down

Double Report Empty Double Report

Post  CaptFrank 10/13/2012, 2:01 am

Got out for two trips today. This morning, I hit the beach in NW. I used Mullet I had vac packed and some Clam strips from JErsey Bait and Tackle. I found a nice cross rip along a slough and tossed out two rods. One with a double hook rig, the other with a single wire leadered circle hook. Clam and Mullet on one, Mullet on the other. The double rig caught, the other rig flew off into oblivion when the line parted. First Blue within 5 minutes of hitting the beach. Always a nice way to start. Rebaited and rerigged, and tried round two. Double rig caught another Blue, other rig was skunked. Same for the third cast. After that, I dropped 2 Blues in the wash, and another a bit further out. After that the action died. Drove around a bit to search for Mullet, but couldn't find any. Dog had a blast chasing the millions of Swallows that were flying everywhere, and then swimming around for awhile.

Tonight, I went bridge hopping. First stop was quiet. Saw a few nice Bass deep in the shadows hugging up against the structure. When I let my line drift back in the current and then pulled it back into the wash and toward the shadow I got hammered. The Bass ran with the flow and pulled drag. For every inch I gained, she took 10. After about 5 minutes of tug-o-war my jig hook straightened and the Bass swam away laughing about the ass kicking it gave to me. Missed another one shortly after, and then hooked up with a shorty on the down current side in an eddy. Not much after that, so i headed to my next stop. Again, things were quiet. First 3 casts were duds. Next cast I nailed a double header of short Bass. Few more fish free casts, then I nailed the biggest Bass of the night, about 24". Then, next cast I caught the shortest Bass of the night, about 10". It wasn't much larger than the worm it inhaled. No other action after that. Next three stops were all devoid of life. Not even a Blue to be seen. After the third fishless stop, the cold began to sink in and I called it a night.
Had a blast!

If i can download the dinky Bass pix from my phone without all the other pix on there, I'll post 'em up later...
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Double Report Empty Re: Double Report

Post  Zmat 10/13/2012, 5:01 pm

way to go cheers

Zmat

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Double Report Empty Re: Double Report