Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ling-a-ding

2 posters

Go down

Ling-a-ding Empty Ling-a-ding

Post  Driftwood 1/1/2012, 9:56 am

I know we talk about mostly about stripers on this site but I figured I'd post this report if anyone is interested in something different.

Got together with some good friends for a New Years Eve Day Ling trip. My buddy made the call and the Dauntless out of Point Pleasant was his boat of choice. GOOD CALL!!! The boat was almost full BUT everyone was laid back, very friendly, and got along even through the occasional tangle. The capt took us to the Mud Hole and set the hook. From then on it was LING LING LING. Evreyone on the boat had fish. I personally ended the day with 26, and everyone in our group had about the same. There were also some sea bass caught and a few cod , but I didn't have any. So if you are looking for something different to get your line wet give this some consideration. Ling don't put up much of a fight but they are excellent eating!!!

We were in 220+ feet of water. Fishing with normal wreck gear and 10 oz of lead was working fine!
Driftwood
Driftwood

Number of posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Ling-a-ding Empty Re: Ling-a-ding

Post  JeffL 1/1/2012, 1:21 pm

Nice.. Thanks for the report...
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914