Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Denatured alcohol / lacquer thinner / paint storage safety

3 posters

Go down

Denatured alcohol / lacquer thinner / paint storage safety Empty Denatured alcohol / lacquer thinner / paint storage safety

Post  Muskyslayer96 12/4/2011, 6:33 pm

Hey fellas,

I was just getting the garage set for winter and I moved my paints and denatured alcohol and lacquer thinner from the garage and into the laundry room. I have always stored my chemicals above over the winter in the laundry room, but was just now thinking about it's safety. Does anyone have any reservations about storing those items in the house? My laundry room does have a gas dryer in it:confused:The garage doesn't usually get below freezing but it can and i worry about that.

Interested in others thoughts on home chemical safety as builders i'm sure most of us have this stuff laying around.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

MS
Muskyslayer96
Muskyslayer96

Number of posts : 391

http://irishwhipesoxbaits.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Denatured alcohol / lacquer thinner / paint storage safety Empty Re: Denatured alcohol / lacquer thinner / paint storage safety

Post  Bluesfish 12/6/2011, 8:31 am

Hey MS, I keep mine in the garage during the winter, I keep a sm heater in there just to keep it at about 40 deg.

Bluesfish :Christmas tree
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Denatured alcohol / lacquer thinner / paint storage safety Empty Re: Denatured alcohol / lacquer thinner / paint storage safety

Post  dozer 277 12/6/2011, 9:33 am

the alcohol and laquer thinner would be my concern. they wont freeze so i would leave them in the garage. the paint is ok tho. in my opinion it just isnt worth the risk with the gas dryer and the fumes from the solvents. paint has a much higher flash point and less solvent in it. you can always bring it in when you need to use it. would hate to hear about an accident. i deal with alot of chemicals at work and i just dont trust them. if temp is a concern place them up against the house wall and put them in an insulated box. i have found that if you park your car in the garage the heat from the car keeps the temp up.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down