Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few pic's from the beach get together!

+16
woodwker99
fishaddic
cfishon
Kevnmary
FJR
salt shaker
rider3
JeffL
A.O.K.
Charlie G.
MarkC
eurojett05
old man
stevel
stripercrazy
Bluesfish
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A few pic's from the beach get together! Empty A few pic's from the beach get together!

Post  Bluesfish 11/6/2011, 10:55 am

AOK Steve, C-Monster, Sammy and me got to the park around daybreak. A bit cool,windy, and overcast, but perfect for fishing!!!! Hooked up w/ CG and Large John,Rider3, before long...Smitty, Jay Dizzle,Salt Shaker,Old Salts his wife, Chicky, Trav,and a few others(can't remember everyone..sorry) Did manage to get a few fish...CG,Jay,Rider,and I had fish up till the time I left w/Charlie's being the biggest! Salt Shaker did a nice casting demo of the Akios reels.Hope we gan get together again soon and get every on the beach at the same time.
Yo Smitty thanks for the plug!!!!!!!(awsome!)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bluesfish fishing

Last edited by Bluesfish on 11/6/2011, 5:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

A few pic's from the beach get together! Empty cool

Post  stripercrazy 11/6/2011, 11:06 am

wow looks like a great time, great looking beach....who got the big fish?

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

A few pic's from the beach get together! Empty Re: A few pic's from the beach get together!

Post  stevel 11/6/2011, 11:22 am

Looks like you all had a great time .... A few pic's from the beach get together! 92223
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

A few pic's from the beach get together! Empty Re: A few pic's from the beach get together!

Post  Bluesfish 11/6/2011, 11:24 am

stripercrazy wrote:wow looks like a great time, great looking beach....who got the big fish?

When I left it was Charlie with the biggest. cheers It was either 60" or 29" depending on who's tape measure we went by!...LOL!!!
congrats CG!!!!
Just where did you get that rubber tape measure Charlie???...LOL lol! lol!

Bluesfish fishing
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  old man 11/6/2011, 12:12 pm

...even with a list of names like that ...nobody got arrested ?!?!?!?! simply amazing !!!

... hope that wasn't the last hurrahhhh for you buncha pseudo-Eskimos !!!

Old Man aka Bob

old man
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 11/6/2011, 1:12 pm

wow......great pics Jeff.....looks like a great time was had by all. cool
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

A few pic's from the beach get together! Empty excellent

Post  stripercrazy 11/6/2011, 2:55 pm

its great to see charlie still guideing ... popcorn

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkC 11/6/2011, 3:42 pm

Glad you all had a good time looks cold burrrr but where the video well done charlie
MarkC
MarkC

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 11/6/2011, 5:07 pm

Well the big guy had to show them how to again Eddie lol!

A huge "THANK YOU" Jeff for setting up a great camp and cooking some great vittles for us on a cold windy day, NE wind around 20 to 25mph. I owe you, and also owe you 10 ounces of lead. It wouldn't have been such a great day without all the work you did A few pic's from the beach get together! 560155 A few pic's from the beach get together! 560155

And you even had time to catch fish A few pic's from the beach get together! 870783

It was great finally meeting a lot of the SBO members and putting some faces to the screen names. Also great to see kids at these gatherings having a good time. And not to sound like an old fart but I think the future of this surf fishing sport will rely on them and only if we involve them in this and they have a great time they will always remember those times and fight to pass them on to future generations.

I hope we can all get together again in the spring.

Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  A.O.K. 11/6/2011, 5:46 pm

awesome time!
great pics Jeff. very cool to finally meet some peeps I only bs with on the net. maybe next time, I'll even catch a fish, if I can put down the vittles and lessen the yappin'!
I think that was Oldsalts tape measure, you know, the one where he cut the section out between 14" and 24"? then joined them back together.......12,13,14,25,26..........
cool
A.O.K.
A.O.K.

Number of posts : 249

http://www.aoktackle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffL 11/6/2011, 6:40 pm

Nice pics looks like you guys had a blast... Hopefully next time i have off and not show up when everyone is gone lol!
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down

Post  rider3 11/6/2011, 6:53 pm

great day had by all.................Smitty has the pic of my fish if anyone wants proof.............4 fish out of the group, 1 keeper................fishing was slow, but the stories and laughther was non stop all day..........And i like the fact that OldSalts defenition of "morning" is 3 in the afternoon...............
rider3
rider3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 11/6/2011, 7:36 pm

rider3 wrote:great day had by all.................Smitty has the pic of my fish if anyone wants proof.............4 fish out of the group, 1 keeper................fishing was slow, but the stories and laughther was non stop all day..........And i like the fact that OldSalts defenition of "morning" is 3 in the afternoon...............

I guess he needed his beauty sleep A few pic's from the beach get together! 56958 A few pic's from the beach get together! 56958

Or got lost when he drove north of area 23 and couldn't find us A few pic's from the beach get together! 56958 A few pic's from the beach get together! 56958
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  rider3 11/6/2011, 10:16 pm

If it's beauty sleep he was working on, it diddent help... I think he might need a few mor hours..
rider3
rider3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post  salt shaker 11/6/2011, 10:44 pm

Gotta get me one of those tapes....LOL had a good time, pleasure to meet some of the names on the chat room etc.... salt
salt shaker
salt shaker
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 11/7/2011, 10:31 am

Wish I could have made it. Looks like it was a nice get together.

You guys have some nice looking rigs, would have been worth it just to see them. Maybe next time !!!
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 11/7/2011, 11:21 am

I can't believe none of you guys stayed around until Sunday. I got down to lot 21 around 11:30 Sat night and fished for a couple of hours. I took a nap in my truck until 4:00 and got back on the beach and fished until 10:00am. Not a SBO brother in sight. A few pic's from the beach get together! 177925

I caught the skunk but it wasnt for a lack of trying. Lots of fish around but they were beyond casting range.
I thought this was supposed to be a Sat and Sunday event, I'll have to go back and check the original post A few pic's from the beach get together! 622665
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffL 11/7/2011, 6:06 pm

kevnmary where did you take your nap ? If it was at the windmill bathroom parking lot i was the sand color durango sleeping there also =P
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 11/7/2011, 7:01 pm

Yep it was in that lot. I was the black Silverado right next to the trail. I was probably the annoying one with the lights on as I was getting my stuff ready for the high tide. i also drove out thinking there may be some guys further down but there was nobody I knew so I came back and parked by the trail again.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  cfishon 11/7/2011, 8:00 pm

Nice pics. Looks like a good time!

Tighten them up!
Cfishon.

cfishon

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffL 11/7/2011, 8:47 pm

hmm i think we may have been parked right next to each other... When i woke up and drove back on the beach there was a black truck to my left.
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

A few pic's from the beach get together! Empty Pics

Post  fishaddic 11/7/2011, 10:23 pm

Jeff that is a beautiful sunrise pic.

fishaddic

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post  woodwker99 11/7/2011, 10:56 pm

Great pictures guys. looks like ya had fun. Must be Jersey though we can't do fires on L.I. beaches.
woodwker99
woodwker99

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post  Large John 11/8/2011, 6:37 pm

Kevnmary wrote:I can't believe none of you guys stayed around until Sunday. I got down to lot 21 around 11:30 Sat night and fished for a couple of hours. I took a nap in my truck until 4:00 and got back on the beach and fished until 10:00am. Not a SBO brother in sight. A few pic's from the beach get together! 177925

I caught the skunk but it wasnt for a lack of trying. Lots of fish around but they were beyond casting range.
I thought this was supposed to be a Sat and Sunday event, I'll have to go back and check the original post A few pic's from the beach get together! 622665

Sunday hell I stayed till Monday, slept at the bathing beach lot on Saturday night closer to where I was gonna start fishing in the morning. I was a blast meeting everyone and wiating for Old Salts to venture north of the Ramp 23 border.

I am shocked that a certian picture isnt on here yet popcorn

Finally manage to land a few fish on Monday before I left
Large John
Large John

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 11/8/2011, 8:12 pm

Sunday hell I stayed till Monday, slept at the bathing beach lot on Saturday night closer to where I was gonna start fishing in the morning. I was a blast meeting everyone and wiating for Old Salts to venture north of the Ramp 23 border.

I am shocked that a certian picture isnt on here yet popcorn

Finally manage to land a few fish on Monday before I left[/quote]

Is this the picture in question???? lol!

or was it this one??? lol!

smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next