Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I passed the time doing during Irene

+7
night tides
whitey
rocstar21
etch
Bluesfish
smitty
Charlie G.
11 posters

Go down

What I passed the time doing during Irene  Empty What I passed the time doing during Irene

Post  Charlie G. 8/28/2011, 8:40 pm

Well I always wanted to tie a Crab Fly for fly fishing. I knew I would have a good deal of time on my hands during Irene so I desided to give it a go. I found a pic of one fly called a Crab Apple and went with the pattern. Most every thing is feathers on it but the eyes, foam body and the epoxy to coat the body.
What a project this was. It wasn't that easy to get all the feathers laying just so and even finding the right feathers from a Pheasant skin I had was a job.

Here's the first try

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was tough getting the feathers on the back just right. They came out a little off center. When the feather would hit the epoxy that holds it in place it is a PIA getting it centered and keeping the barbs together. I wasn't happy with the first one so I set off to do another, plus the storm was just getting good by then.

So here's try number 2

I like it better so I'm done tying crabs for now till I fish these to see how they do in the water. This is alot like plug building but much much smaller.

I hope you enjoy them.
And all went well riding out the storm and doing these flies, thanks to a pizza and a few cigars fishing
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

What I passed the time doing during Irene  Empty Re: What I passed the time doing during Irene

Post  smitty 8/28/2011, 8:49 pm

What I passed the time doing during Irene  962367 awesome work.....top notch art....
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

What I passed the time doing during Irene  Empty Re: What I passed the time doing during Irene

Post  Bluesfish 8/28/2011, 10:10 pm

Very, Very well done CG!!!! HOPE IT LANDS YOU A BIG ONE!!!!!!

Bluesfish[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 8/29/2011, 6:39 am

mad mad skills bro, wicked crabs, i cant even get a streamer fly to sit right mad confused confused Embarassed let alone try these cool cool

Etch
etch
etch

Number of posts : 1193

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/Etch-Custom-Lures-h2.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 8/29/2011, 6:52 am

awesome C.G, What I passed the time doing during Irene  962367 What I passed the time doing during Irene  962367 What I passed the time doing during Irene  962367
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 8/29/2011, 10:04 pm

Glad it wasnt a picture of a soggy sock What I passed the time doing during Irene  56958 Nice flies

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  night tides 8/29/2011, 11:59 pm

I'm not a fly guy Charlie but that is so good, I would bet thats a winner.

night tides

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post  woodwker99 8/31/2011, 10:57 pm

real nice work. go get them.
woodwker99
woodwker99

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 9/1/2011, 9:03 am

Wow those are really nice CG cheers cheers cheers well done !!!
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 9/2/2011, 9:08 pm

charlie...........i see ya got the crabs..................nice work

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremlin 9/3/2011, 10:15 am

Very Nice job on those Charlie. Impressive to say the least.

What I passed the time doing during Irene  56958
Gremlin
Gremlin
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 452

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down