Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

avalon area

4 posters

Go down

avalon area Empty avalon area

Post  dozer 277 6/28/2011, 11:39 am

guys i'm headed down to the avalon, stone harbor area saturday for a week. i have never fished that far south and was wondering if anybody could give me some general areas to go. i am not familiar with the area at all and was looking for some spots with easy access for me and the future father-in-law of my son. he has never been surf fishing before. i was thinking about some night time shark fishing and need advice. also maybe some king fishing as i have never targeted them either. you can PM me or call if you like. 973-886-7573. also if anyone wants to hook up and fish together i am up for that also. thanks larry

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

avalon area Empty Re: avalon area

Post  dozer 277 6/30/2011, 9:30 am

ok is someone mad at me? i thought i would get something here. i will try a different approach then. townsend inlet, is it worth going there? is there a place to park nearby? north or south side? anything? come on somebody here has to have some input. i'm gonna tell smitty you guys arent sharing avalon area 177925

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 6/30/2011, 8:24 pm

lol i wish i fished that area i would give ya some general areas........To tell ya the truth im not really sure what towns are close to it lol....
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 6/30/2011, 9:34 pm

Yeah Larry ....like smitty said i dont know any honey holes down that far south .....and we are not mad at you at all ... i would go to the local B&T shop and ask .....i think just getting out and wetting your line will be worth your time...
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 7/1/2011, 8:15 am

thanks guys, i got some intel last night. yeah i guess guys here fish further north. its funny how some sites key on different parts of the state. its all good. just wanted to make sure the love was still there. avalon area 92223

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 7/1/2011, 11:58 am

Larry let me see how things go. I might be heading to IBSP on Tue. but if the winds are out of the west I'm not going near there.
If you fish nights I can steer you to a few spots down south there. I've wanted to hit that area this year. If things work out I'll give you a call. fishing
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 7/1/2011, 3:35 pm

thanks charlie feel free to give me a call anytime.

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 7/12/2011, 3:25 pm

thanks for the call and the intel charlie. found the jetty you told me about. wow is that nice. got some small sharks and some skates. got some triggers off the rocks and some shad of some sort (everyone had a different name for them) also. all in all a nice trip.

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down