Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about my VEGA 8500

Go down

Question about my VEGA 8500 Empty Question about my VEGA 8500

Post  The Lure Washer 5/10/2011, 7:03 pm

Just got the vega 8500 today and set it up via the directions. The first thing i noticed is that the cutter assembly sticks even when everything is loose. Like you need to give it a good whack to get it to fully extend the cutter. Secondly the hole for the stylus needed to be reamed because neither of the two stylus would fit. Also the smaller of the two is bent at the end. Soo..... I decided to turn something from a template i had from the dupe i built and even though every thing was square, the work piece finished bigger. Everything was set in as far as locks go. Can someone help me out.

The Lure Washer

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Question about my VEGA 8500 Empty Re: Question about my VEGA 8500

Post  The Lure Washer 5/13/2011, 4:48 am

So i fixed the sticking problem. Solution was to remove the stop rod, the threaded one that locks the cutter and filed the bottom of the hole ever so slightly. I dont know if there was a burr or something but it works great now. Im still trying to fine tune it now so if anyone has any pointers it would be greatly appreciated.

The Lure Washer

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down