Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!!

+10
dozer 277
Charlie G.
rocstar21
Kevnmary
stevel
naspinsz
holymackeral
Greatbaits
eurojett05
MissRiss
14 posters

Go down

First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! Empty First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!!

Post  MissRiss 9/2/2010, 9:11 am

Tom will post a report later tonight or tomorrow ... we had the best time yesterday. I caught my first tuna (yellowfin), it was about 65-70 lbs.

First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! DSC02205

Tom got his first mahi-mahi, it was 44 inches ...

First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! DSC02240

I was really excited even though I had the "hurry up, its heavy" look on my face lol!
my arms are really hurtin today, but it was worth it.
First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! DSC02241

It was an awesome way to end the summer :..............
MissRiss
MissRiss

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! Empty Re: First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!!

Post  eurojett05 9/2/2010, 9:23 am

Awesome Riss.... First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! 560155 Congrats on your 1st YFT and Tom's 1st mahi-mahi. Wow.....sashimi time. First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! 92223
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! Empty Re: First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!!

Post  Greatbaits 9/2/2010, 10:33 am

Nice First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! 962367
Greatbaits
Greatbaits

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 9/2/2010, 10:49 am

congrats can't wait to read the report.......

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  naspinsz 9/2/2010, 11:29 am

congrats! gunna be eating great for a while! cool
naspinsz
naspinsz

Number of posts : 514

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 9/2/2010, 11:42 am

awsome riss....you go girl ....great job to you and tom....must have felt great im sure... cool
great pics cant wait to here more about the trip..... cheers
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 9/2/2010, 1:14 pm

That's a hell of a Mahi for our waters! Nice job!
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 9/2/2010, 2:43 pm

Awesome Guys First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! 962367

way to go cheers

great pix! First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! 962367 cheers First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! 962367
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 9/2/2010, 4:24 pm

You Go Girl First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! 92223
That is a nice fish. And the dolphin is a large one.
Now you'll be hooked on heading out to the deep.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  MissRiss 9/2/2010, 5:21 pm

Thanks everyone ... I dont think I would want to trade fishing the bay for offshore, maybe make it a once a year thing if anything, but it really took a toll on both of us especially having alot to do in such a small time frame. I'd definetly make sure to have off the day after LOL ... Tom will post a report probably tonight, if not then definetly tomorrow. He was stuck working in that heat today so he is wiped on top of all this.
MissRiss
MissRiss

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 9/2/2010, 8:33 pm

great job, knew you had it in you. yeah the day after is tough. the shower that night can get a little hairy for me. i have closed my eyes in the shower and fallen into the wall. glad you had a good trip. cant wait to read the report.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Hawk 9/2/2010, 10:01 pm

Our neighbor here in Pa is a charter boat captain in capemay. He offered us a tuna trip last year but with our schedule and weather it didnt work out. Earlier this week he called me and was telling me about how the offshore scene was on fire and we need to get down here. It was gonna be tuff to find a day before this hurricane and with our work schedules. But we managed to get off weds and that was the plan. We left Pa tuesday evening and spent the night in fortescue. Figured it would be easier to sleep there and save a few hours of driving. We got down to the fort around 9,tried to get some sleep and were on the road about 2 am headed for cape may. Arrived about 4 am, the trip wasnt untill 5.So we managed to get alil sleep in the parkinglot. 445 the rest of crew showed up (capt and his wife) and by 5am we were off. Headed out the ocean side of the capemay canal headed SE about 30 miles. the seas were flat,and the skies were clear. After about a 2 hours we arrived at the 30 mile mark. Earlier in the week thats where the fishing was hot. We setup a 6 rod spread trolling ballywhoos. After about a hour into the troll riss hooked up with her yellow fin. It was really neat to see the fish smack the sub surface bait. after a half hour battle the fish was boatside,gaff sunk, and in the box! Trolled around for hour or so more with nothing. Made a move out to 40miles,and setup a 10 rod spread.
again,about a hour into the troll i get hooked up with a GIGANTIC mahi mahi. The fish was tail walking,jumping,crossing lines, just crazy!
got her to the boatside,gaff sunk another fish in the box! Trolled around for another hour or so with no takers. Our final move of the day was out 50 miles and plan was to troll back through the areas we fished previously. We had one knock down but didnt connect. At that point we were more than content with what we had and packed up the gear and headed back in. Back to the dock about 6pm. It was one of our best trips/exeperinces ever on the water! Neither of us have been ocean fishing/offshore. Its totally different breed out there. We also saw pilot whales,and big sea turtles. The clarity of the water was really cool. The leaders we were using were 25ft,and we could see the tuna clear as day 25ft down as we were pulling the leader ready to sink the gaff. On a side note, if we ever do get a bigger vessel, it will NOT have a cabin, or cuddy. Anytime i get on a vessel with a cuddy or cabin, i get sea sick. And its not because im down in the cabin, its just the fact im so use to Center Consoles and having 360 degrees of unobstructed visiablitly. Also, the fresh air blowing in my face. I must of upchucked 6 or so times through out the day, but never once went down to lay down(would only make it worse) Riss on the other hand was not phased at all, although shes a pisces, haha.. She learned how to rig up a ballywhoo too. Im really proud of her performance on this trip. And i think my neighbor and his wife were also! Looking forward to next season!
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 9/2/2010, 10:07 pm

tom awsome report and congrats to the fine fish you and riss caught.... cheers cheers cheers
great report with great pics.....AGAIN CONGRATS..... cool
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  hwsmike 9/4/2010, 7:31 pm

Great Report! Thanks!Looks like a great time!
Something on my to do list!

hwsmike

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  sanmigrokz3 9/5/2010, 8:15 am

Congrats!

After reading this report, I'm tempted to try to get out on a boat again.. Visions of the clear water and sea life seem so tempting but reality set in when you wrote of the cuddy and subsequent cumming. First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! 177925

One day I'll get out there again and I'll be sure to have Stevel with me.............. I heard he does a good job attracting the fish as well....

sanmigrokz3
sanmigrokz3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 9/9/2010, 11:14 pm

Awsome job on the fish and great report. Thanks for sharing...Great pics!!! First Time Offshore ... It was AWESOME!!!!!!! 560155

Bluesfish USA
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down