Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking a Skew is not so bad afterall.....

4 posters

Go down

Breaking a Skew is not so bad afterall..... Empty Breaking a Skew is not so bad afterall.....

Post  LaPala 5/11/2010, 11:12 pm

Well I broke a 1/2" Marples skew turning too fast and too big a blank.....

It broke quite close to the handle. So regrinding a tang gave me back a much shorter 1/2" skew. I am frugal as well so I kept the broken tang part too. While gawking at some fancy woodworking tools and a couple of days of elbow grease later, I have a marking knife too:
Breaking a Skew is not so bad afterall..... P5120525

So I am glad? Anyone else wants to break a skew?
LaPala
LaPala

Number of posts : 47

http://www.fishcarverunderground.com/

Back to top Go down

Breaking a Skew is not so bad afterall..... Empty Re: Breaking a Skew is not so bad afterall.....

Post  holymackeral 5/11/2010, 11:20 pm

nice job pala.... glad you are ok (heard the story the other night)... and look what some quick thinking and cheapness can make..... lol

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Breaking a Skew is not so bad afterall..... Empty Re: Breaking a Skew is not so bad afterall.....

Post  LaPala 5/11/2010, 11:26 pm

Yeah you got that right, I am cheap lol!
LaPala
LaPala

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 5/12/2010, 7:56 am

just kidding bud........ and did your avatar just wink at me? i don't like being winked at....

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  LaPala 5/12/2010, 2:40 pm

Haha It's a good cheap. Err.... are you hitting on my avatar?
LaPala
LaPala

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 5/12/2010, 3:42 pm

holymackeral wrote:just kidding bud........ and did your avatar just wink at me? i don't like being winked at....

lol!

Yo LaPala......How did you manage to break a skew? Turning real hardwood perhaps? I guess i was wrong about you only doing handcarves. Breaking a Skew is not so bad afterall..... 622665
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 5/12/2010, 10:05 pm

Very creative..love it.....Wink,Wink!!! lol!

Bluesfish Breaking a Skew is not so bad afterall..... 962367
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  LaPala 5/13/2010, 2:36 am

eurojett05 wrote:
Yo LaPala......How did you manage to break a skew? Turning real hardwood perhaps? I guess i was wrong about you only doing handcarves. Breaking a Skew is not so bad afterall..... 622665
Embarrassing to tell Haha. Short version is I was turning a 4X4 at max speed. So a 1/2" skew was a bit too small for the task and I got over confident. Tip caught and skew went flying...........
LaPala
LaPala

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down